On April 14, 2021, The Legal 500 EMEA released its annual rankings in which Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners has been recommended in all areas of law researched in Russia and Belarus for over several years now.
Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners once again achieved top rankings and was included in Tier 1 in more than half of the areas researched (10 out of 19) and in Tier 2 in another five areas.
Twenty-five experts from Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners were individually ranked including twelve lawyers who were recognised as Leading Individuals, six lawyers who were lauded as Next Generation Partners, and an additional eight lawyers who have been named Rising Stars.
The Firm topped the ratings in the following areas:
- M&A, commercial and corporate (St Petersburg)
- capital markets
- dispute resolution (arbitration & mediation
- dispute resolution (litigation)
- private client
- restructuring and insolvency
- intellectual property
- white collar crime
This year, the Firm’s expertise in employment law was ranked as Tier 1 for the first time ever.
Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners was also been recommended for the following areas of law:
- M&A, commercial and corporate (Moscow)
- banking and finance (borrower side)
- banking and finance (lender side)
- energy and natural resources
- PPP and infrastructure projects
- real estate and construction
The Leading Individuals are
- Ivan Smirnov, Managing Partner at the St. Petersburg Office (ranked for the first time)
- Valery Eremenko, Partner and co-head of Litigation Practice
- Denis Arkhipov, Partner and co-head of Litigation Practice (for private client services)
- Evgeny Raschevsky, Partner and co-head of International Arbitration Practice
- Victoria Burkovskaya, Partner and head of White Collar Crime Practice
- Konstantin Tretyakov, Partner, White Collar Crime Practice
- Dmitriy Glazounov, Partner and of Banking & Finance and Capital Markets Practice
- Arkady Krasnikhin, Partner and head of M&A and Corporate Practice
- Natalia Korosteleva, Head of Competition Law Practice
- Anna Numerova, Partner, Competition Practice
- Pavel Sadovsky, Head of Intellectual Property / ТМТ Practice
- Elena Agaeva, Counsel and head of M&A and Corporate Practice in St Petersburg
The following lawyers have been ranked as the Next Generation Partners:
- Denis Arkhipov, Partner and co-head of Litigation Practice (for dispute resolution)
- Vera Rikhterman, Partner, Litigation Practice
- Sergey Kalinin, Partner and head of Tax Practice
- Irina Kosovskaya, Counsel and Deputy Head of Intellectual Property / ТМТ Practice
- Alexey Karchiomov, Counsel and head of Maritime Shipping / Transport Law Practice (St. Petersburg)
- Anna Ivanova, Head of Employment and Migration Law Practice
The Rising Stars are
- Oleg Ushakov and Roman Malovitsky, Banking & Finance and Capital Markets Counsels
- Tatyana Neveeva, Oleg Bouiko and Denis Golubev, Litigation Counsels
- Evgeny Gurchenko, Counsel and head of Litigation Practice (St Petersburg)
- Andrey Bastrakov, White Collar Crime Practice
- Maxim Burda, Senior Intellectual Property / ТМТ Associate
The Minsk Office of Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners has also been recommended for all the researched areas of law. Banking & Finance, Litigation, as well as Real Estate & Construction have been ranked Tier 1.
Additionally, the Minsk Office was recommended for intellectual property and M&A, commercial and corporate.
Managing Partner of the Minsk Office Denis Turovets and Partner Anna Rusetskaya have been consistently recognized as Leading Individuals, while Senior Associates Alexander Buzo, Igor Yatskovsky and Anastasia Yarokhovich have been named Rising Stars.