21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Extremely efficient at handling complex cases and very creative in the structuring of deals
Valery Eremenko is a Co-Head of Litigation Practice. His experience in dispute resolution dates back to 1996. Valery specialises in corporate and antitrust disputes, as well as real estate, securities and intellectual property litigation.
Valery has significant experience in representing Russian and foreign clients in corporate conflicts, complex disputes in insurance, real estate, bankruptcy and insolvency.
Valery has a proven record in coordinating and taking part in over 3,000 arbitration cases. He has repeatedly represented clients before the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation and, previously before the Presidium of the Supreme Arbitration Court of the Russian Federation in several significant cases that have influenced the formation of Russian jurisprudence.
Valery has represented clients before the FAS of Russia and its territorial subdivisions in administrative cases arising from violations of antimonopoly law, as well as in administrative cases related to securities market and shareholder protection legislation.
Valery’s experience includes taking part in hearings of committees of the State Duma and the Federation Council and representing clients before various executive authorities. He acted as an arbitrator and is experienced in client representation in commercial arbitration cases in The International Commercial Arbitration Court (ICAC) at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation. He is also experienced in representing clients in separate investigative proceedings in criminal cases, involving economic offences.
Valery’s recent litigation experience includes:
- Representing an investor in a privatisation tender for the construction of an airport in numerous disputes over the invalidation of tender results and privatisation phases.
- Representing the majority shareholders of a Russian chemical company in a dispute with the Prosecutor General’s Office of the Russian Federation relating to the deprivatisation of the company.
- Defending the interests of the developer Prigorod Lesnoe, part of the Samolet Development Group, in court proceedings brought by Domodedovo International Airport to challenge the Federal Air Transport Agency’s permission to build residential buildings near the airfield.
- Defending the world’s leading carpooling service BlaBlaCar in a dispute with a group of bus operators that sued the client, seeking to ban its operations in the Russia and prohibit the distribution of information by the BlaBlaCar platform.
- Defending a private client in a case for bringing her to subsidiary liability for RUB 5bn in the bankruptcy of Credit-Moscow Bank, licence of which, was revoked in 2016.
- Defending the interests of Bayer in a patent dispute. The client’s patent had been infringed by a Russian manufacturer, which was producing copies of the client’s patented drug, which was included in the VED Register and for which the patent protection period had not yet expired.
- Representing R-Pharm in a dispute with the FAS Russia over price fixing at auctions.
- Representing a major engine-building plant before the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation in a dispute with the Ministry of Science and Higher Education over the return of a subsidy granted.
- Defending Novartis Pharma in antimonopoly and litigation proceedings in a dispute started by the antimonopoly authority over the price of a drug for which price regulation had not been introduced.
- Defending Novartis in court in an attempt by Mamont Pharm, distributor of a generic drug produced in violation of a patent, to overturn a decision and order of the Russian FAS in a high-profile unfair competition case. ("Dispute of the Year" according to Kommersant (2022)
- Successfully defending the interests of Allianz, one of the leading international insurance companies, in a confrontation with bogus agricultural lawyers who had brought claims worth over RUB 1bn against the company.
- Representing Nordic Yards Wismar GmbH in ICAC at the RF Chamber of Commerce and Industry vs a contractor for Icebreaker LK-25.
- Successful representation of Transammiak in courts of three instances in a dispute with Minudobreniya. Of critical importnace, the case was won without revealing commercial secrets of the client. The opponent initiated the court proceedings in order to reveal these trade secrets, making this a unique matter for the market.
- Defending the interests of Sakhalin Energy, one of Russia’s largest oil and gas companies, in a multi-billion dollar dispute with a major Russian oil company over access to the client’s pipeline to build a liquefied natural gas plant by the opponent.
- Representing a major chemical company in a dispute with one of Russia’s leading private transport holdings over the recovery of more than RUB 400m in damages.
Prior to joining the Firm, Valery practiced law in one of the Moscow bar associations, which he co-founded.
He is Deputy Chairman of the Presidium and an arbitrator of the Arbitration Centre at the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RSPP), and a member of the Moscow lawyers’ club.
Valery graduated from the Law School of Lomonosov Moscow State University in 1997. He has a PhD in law and is a graduate of the SKOLKOVO Business School and the International Institute for Management Development (IMD) LIFT: Leadership Identity Foundation and Transformation programme. Valery is a graduate of the SKOLKOVO School of Management "Leaders as Teachers. Tell your story".
Valery has been admitted to the Moscow Bar Association since 1998.