21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
An experienced skilled practitioner advising at the highest level and having a perfect understanding of business tasks
Anna Numerova has specialised in competition law for over 15 years, defending the interests of clients before the Russian FAS and the courts in antitrust investigations in cases involving abuse of dominance and anticompetitive agreements.
Anna regularly assists large Russian and foreign companies with receiving regulatory approvals from the FAS Russia and the Government Commission on Strategic Investments for transactions in Russia and abroad. Most recently, she has been involved in the development of compliance systems for clients in various sectors of the economy.
Anna’s clients include Novartis, Groupe BRIAND, TAQA, TA Associates, Chatterjee and Rhône, Service-Telecom Group, M.Video, Mondi SLPK and others.
Anna’s selected highlights include:
- Supporting Fortum B.V., a leading energy company, in the largest European M&A transaction in the industry since 2012 (deal value is estimated at EUR 6.5bn) for the acquisition of a majority stake in Uniper SE. The transaction required the approval of the FAS Russia and the Government Commission for Strategic Investments and is unique by the precedent-setting nature of the court decisions.
- Representing R-Pharm in several cartel cases in 2018–2020 started by the FAS Russia.
- Providing legal support for the international private investment company Rhône Capital during the acquisition of Maxam, an explosives maker, and receiving approval for the deal under the new law “On Foreign Investment” No. 160-FZ from the Government Commission.
- Defending Novartis in court in an attempt by Mamont Pharm, distributor of a generic drug produced in violation of a patent, to overturn a decision and order of the Russian FAS in a high-profile unfair competition case. ("Dispute of the Year" according to Kommersant (2022)
- Obtaining clearance from the FAS Russia for the acquisition of Russia’s largest online bus ticket aggregator Busfor by the French carpooling service BlaBlaCar (one of the largest digital economy deals of 2019).
- Representing Novartis Pharma LLC before the FAS Russia and the courts in a dispute started by the antimonopoly authority over the price of a drug product, for which there was no price regulation imposed.
- Developing the first compliance system for Avtodor. As a result, the client became the first state company to have voluntarily implemented an antimonopoly risk prevention system for its group of 10 companies.
Anna is a member of Eurasian Competition Association and for the last 8 years, a senior member of the management of the Association of Antitrust experts, including 4 years as Chairperson.
Anna is a member of the International Bar Association (IBA) and the American Bar Association (ABA).
Anna graduated from the Moscow Humanitarian University with jurisprudence as her major (2000), she holds a Master’s degree in private law from the Russian School of Private Law (2008) and received her LL.M. in International Business and Economic Law from Georgetown University Law Center (USA) (2011).
In 2015, Anna was awarded a Second-Class Medal of the Order of Merit for the Motherland upon recommendation by the FAS Russia.
She is a member of the Moscow Bar Association.
EPAM Competition Partners Will Speak at the Forbes Congress Conference “Best Antitrust Practices 2021”
EPAM Authors the Russian Jurisdiction Chapter of the Exclusive Merger Control Review for the Second Consecutive Year
EPAM Attorneys Advised International Technology Corporation in the Sale of Its Russian Subsidiary
EPAM Attorneys Advise on M&A Deal Between the Leading Abu Dhabi Energy Company TAQA and British Engineering Company Tendeka.
EPAM Attorneys Advised Commercial Metals Company During the Acquisition of TAC Acquisition Corp. (“Tensar”)
EPAM Attorneys Continue to Successfully Defend the Interests of Novartis in a Case Involving Unfair Competition on the Part of the Distributor of the Generic Nilotinib Drug
EPAM Advises French Group BRIAND in Its Acquisition of the Russian Subsidiary Astron From Swedish Lindab Group as Part of a Cross-Border M&A Transaction
The Merger Control Review. Edition 12. Russia Chapter | Elena Kazak, Anna Numerova, Natalia Korosteleva for the Merger Control Review
Rankings and Awards
Pravo.ru-300 Recommends More Than 50 EPAM Lawyers in 38 Areas of Law