21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
« Innovative approach »
Roman specialises in banking and finance law, capital markets, foreign investments, currency and anti-sanctions law; he is also experienced in joint venture and M&A projects, corporate governance, insolvency/restructuring and dispute resolution.
Roman's experience includes:
- Preparing loan and security documentation on behalf of a leading Russian bank for a group of fishing companies.
- Preparing the loan security documentation in the restructuring the foreign borrower's debt during Redomiciliation.
- Advising a Russian company on a syndicated loan to finance the establishment of a Russian chain of fitness clubs in the interests of the loan organiser (including drafting documents for the transfer of rights under the syndicated loan agreement to other parties after the loan has been provided).
- Representing a borrower in obtaining a RUB 90bn syndicated loan for the construction of a plant using state interest rate subsidy programmes.
- Preparing the loan and security documentation to finance the project for the acquisition of a foreign IT company.
- Advising a group of borrowers on the refinancing of their debt to a group of Russian and foreign banks (approx. USD 120m in total), the project was complicated by the need to negotiate terms with the group's international lenders and the initiation of bankruptcy proceedings against one of the borrowers.
- Legal support for a Chinese company's IPO on the Hong Kong stock exchange.
- Advising a leading airline on developing a joint loyalty program with an international payment system and creating a single card, including creating a legal model of interaction between the parties and model documents for the passengers.
Prior to joining EPAM in 2008, Roman held various positions in the legal departments of banks and real estate development companies.
Roman graduated from the Faculty of Law of St Petersburg State University in 1999.
Roman is a member of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs Commission on Banking and is a member of the Business Finance and Credit Committee of the Business Russia (“Delovaya Rossia”) Association.
He speaks English, French, Italian, Spanish, and knows Old Norse and Latin.
Roman has been admitted to the St. Petersburg Bar Association since 2008.