24 Nevsky Av.,
St. Petersburg, 191186, Russia
Tel.: +7 (812) 322 9681
Fax: +7 (812) 322 9682
Very thorough, persistent, result-oriented and responsive. He always draws attention to important details and provides practical solutions
For over 10 years, Evgeny has been focused on representing domestic and international companies in litigations over real estate and construction, corporate governance, bankruptcy and restructuring, as well as banking and finance. Evgeny is engaged in multi-billion proceedings in international commercial arbitration and before foreign courts.
His recent highlights are:
- Representing the founders of Russian former second largest air carrier Transaero Airlines in an especially high-value insolvency case with the total sum of the creditors’ claims exceeding USD 4.2 billion; representing the founders in subsidiary liability proceedings with the value of claim exceeding USD 3.8 billion – an unprecedented amount for such cases heard by Russian courts; representing the clients in challenging the debtor’s transactions and request for documents proceedings; representing a founder of Transaero Airlines in an individual bankruptcy case.
- Comprehensive representing a leading Russian diversified group operating in infrastructure construction and defending the client in dozens of legal proceedings arising from the construction of Russia’s second largest sports facility totally worth around USD 1 billion.
- Representing a Russian largest Bank Saint Petersburg in litigation totally worth over USD 500 million in the London High Court, as well as coordination of numerous litigations in France, Bulgaria, Cyprus and BVI as related to enforcement of Russian judgments to recover debts under a loan agreement (asset tracing, interim relief, judgment recognition and enforcement).
- Representing TOTAL in international commercial arbitration to recover over USD 30 billion in losses as related to an alleged breach of an agreement to develop subsoils in the Saratov and the Volgograd Regions.
- Representing a largest pulp & paper company in numerous legal proceedings in St. Petersburg against governmental authorities over several large land plots in the North-West of Russia, as well as in disputes arising out of leases.
- Advising a city-owned company in charge of a motorway tunnel construction on a dispute totally worth USD 790 million before the ICAC at the Russian Chamber of Industry and Commerce arising out of a concession agreement termination.
- Representing a largest Russian developer in a dispute with the St. Petersburg over implementation of a number of residential development projects in St. Petersburg, as well as in litigations under the reconstruction of a historical district.
- Representing Russia’s largest aviation company in a precedent-setting dispute to gain back 200,000 bonds that a broker unlawfully siphoned off to an affiliate, as well as coupon payments.
- Engagement in restructuring of a largest international media company assets due to Russian legislative amendments as related to foreign interests in the domestic media.
Evgeny advises on restructuring of company assets and represents clients in related disputes. Evgeny also has necessary qualifications and an extensive experience in private client services, including those related to settlement of family and inheritance disputes.
Evgeny was involved in amending of the Law “On Insolvency” and the Law “On Insolvency of Credit Institutions as commissioned by the Deposit Insurance Agency, amendments to the Law “On Competition Protection” (as related to the unfair competition section) within the FAS of Russia’s task force, amendments to the Russian Civil Code with regard to trademarks as commissioned by a large FMCG company and was also participated in the task forces to improve the arbitration laws.
International ranking Best Lawyers 2021 recommends Evgeny in the field of arbitration and mediation, litigation, appellate and cassation practice, as well as bankruptcy and reorganization, and real estate. The Legal 500 2021 names Evgeny a “Rising Star” in the restructuring and insolvency category, highlighting his "iron grip in defence, thorough knowledge of law, the ability to analyse a huge layer of legislation in the shortest possible time and build a win-win strategy". The ranking also notes him in the categories of dispute resolution and private clients. Chambers Europe 2021 recommends Evgeny in dispute resolution for his experience acting on bankruptcy proceedings and handling commercial disputes and emphasizes that “in difficult situations he becomes more than a lawyer. He's an adviser on how to navigate things." The leading Russian legal ranking Pravo.ru-300 2021 recommends Evgeny in arbitration and bankruptcy categories.