On February 17, 2022, Chambers Global published the results of its annual ranking. EPAM (EPAM) once again confirmed its position and its international expertise. The Firm has been listed in 5 different categories, as well as 10 lawyers were commended in different areas of law, including foreign law (USA & UK).
EPAM (EPAM) is a large disputes team with an impressive litigation practice and an experienced international disputes team. The team remains on the top positions in the Chambers Global rankings, which also praises the following experts in this area of law:
- Dimitry Afanasiev (Eminent Practitioner), who is described as "someone who can provide strategic analysis and oversight."
- Ilya Nikiforov (Eminent Practitioner), Managing Partner of the EPAM Law offices, who is highly “experienced in international arbitration matters.”
- Valery Eremenko, Partner and Co-Head of Litigation Practice, who has significant expertise within the Russian domestic litigation market, covering a variety of economic sectors. He regularly acts on commercial disputes and insolvency proceedings. "He is a good strategic presence," a client says.
- Denis Arkhipov, Partner and Co-Head Litigation Practice, who “is very assured and calm and you believe what he says," adding: "He's very responsive and knows how to build a great argument" – one client notes.
- Evgeny Raschevsky, Partner and Co-Head of International Arbitration and Litigation Practice, who is praised by market sources for the ability to "offer a great perspective." One source adds: "He knows what needs doing and is happy to tackle problems as they arise."
In Corporate/M&A (Russia) area:
- Dimitry Afanasiev (Eminent practitioner), who has notable expertise in handling high-impact contentious cases and providing strategic domestic law insight to major Russian clients.
- Arkady Krasnikhin, Partner, Head of M&A and Corporate Practice, who is "extremely helpful in managing dialogues between different participants of the project."”
- Robin Wittering, Head of International and English Law Practice, who advises on cross-border corporate transactions. "He is a very good strategic thinker," a client says, adding: "He proposes new solutions on how to look at situations."
Arkady Krasnikhin and Robin Wittering were also ranked as foreign law experts: US and UK Law, respectively.
EPAM has a notable team that is highly regarded for its contentious IP practice. Pavel Sadovsky leads the firm's IP and TMT practices and his team is best known for its “particular experience in pharmaceutical patent disputes, including in relation to generic production, representing innovator companies.”
For several years, Belarus office of EPAM has been commended in the ratings. Denis Turovets, Managing Partner of EPAM Belarus Office ranks as first in corporate and commercial law, and has proven his position in the area of dispute resolution. Clients appreciate his "ability to navigate complex legal matters and deliver the advice in a concise and practical manner that ensures efficient legal solutions." Anna Rusetskaya, Partner was also noted for her work on transactions and corporate matters.
Legal directory states that “EPAM deserves high praise”, and “clients turn to EPAM as they are sure that they will get high-quality services, the lawyers will devote enough time and full attention to each client and propose several ways of resolving the matter - the client only has to choose what way to go."