Dennis Turovets is a Managing Partner of the Minsk Office of Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners. He specializes in banking and finance, capital markets, real estate and construction, intellectual property, international arbitration and litigation, tax and international trade & customs.
Dennis Turovets is a leading banking and finance practitioner who has represented both lenders and Belarusian borrowers in the largest financing facilities in Belarus, a majority of which were guaranteed by the Belarusian Government. His recent experience in this area and in construction projects includes:
- Advising the Eurasian Development Bank on financing of the construction of Polotskaya hydro power plant. Value of the financing: USD 100m.
- Advising the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on financing of its largest infrastructure project in Belarus.
- Advising state-owned Belarusian energy companies in relation to the Belarusian-Chinese financing programme. Total value of the financing: USD 1 bn.
- Advising Minsk National Airport on the air-terminal reconstruction and the construction of the second runway by means of a loan facility. Estimated project value: USD 600m.
- Advising the Eurasian Development Bank on two facility agreements with BelPromStroyBank.
- Advising TECHNIP Benelux, a world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy sector, on the construction of a hydrogen plant in Belarus.
- Advising TDF Ecotech, a leading project developer and general engineering contractor, on operations in Belarus including waste plant and biogas facilities management.
Mr. Turovets' other areas of expertise include tax and intellectual property matters, including related disputes.
Dennis Turovets has been recommended by all the significant legal guides covering Belarus including Chambers Global, Chambers Europe, IFLR1000, The Legal 500, Best Lawyers, GAR 100, Who's Who Legal: CIS. He is referred to in these guides, inter alia, as "a very capable commercial lawyer especially in commercial contracts and corporate" and "a first-class tax lawyer".
Dennis represented Belarus in the European Forum Council of International Bar Association (IBA) until 2015.
He holds an LL.M. Degree from the Academy of Management under the auspices of the President of the Republic of Belarus (2005), and an Honours Degree in Law from the Belarusian State University (2001).