24 Cl. Zetkin St, 7th floor,
Impersky Business Centre,
Minsk, 220004, Belarus
Tel.: +375 17 368 8282
Fax: +375 17 368 8252
Responsiveness and thorough analysis
Anna Rusetskaya is a Partner and Head of M&A and Corporate Practice in the Minsk office of EPAM. Her main areas of expertise include M&A, corporate law and privatisation, foreign investments support, banking and finance, capital markets, and commercial law.
Anna has advised on some of the largest transactions in the recent history of Belarus, including the debut Eurobonds issuance by the Republic of Belarus in 2010, and the entry into the Belarusian market of several multinational corporations.
Her recent experience includes:
- Advising BNP Paribas, Deutsche Bank, the Royal Bank of Scotland, and Sberbank, as co-arrangers, on the debut and subsequent Eurobond offerings by the Republic of Belarus. The offerings totalled USD 1.8bn.
- Advising Silgan Holdings Inc., the leading US manufacturer of consumer goods packaging products, in its international acquisition of companies within Vogel group, including those throughout the CEE region. Deal size: USD 360m.
- Advising General Motors on different aspects of its operations in Belarus.
- Advising EXIDE Technologies, one of the world's largest producers, distributors and recyclers of lead-acid batteries, on a joint venture in Belarus.
- Advising the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on the acquisition of a stake in one of the leading Belarusian telecommunications companies.
- Advising the International Finance Corporation and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in regard to the financing of the detergents factory in Belarus.
Ms. Rusetskaya has provided legal support in a wide range of investment projects, including attraction and allocation of foreign investments in the Republic of Belarus, facilitating the obtaining of foreign loans, and performing counseling in such fields as securities and stock exchange operation.
Anna is recommended by various guides to the legal profession, including Chambers Global, Chambers Europe, IFLR1000, The Legal 500, Who's Who Legal: CIS, as a prominent Belarusian lawyer. She is praised for giving "attentive advice on business risks" and is called "marvelous" and "a great lawyer".
Anna Rusetskaya represents Belarus in the European Forum Council of International Bar Association (IBA) from 2015.
Anna received her LL.M. Degree from the Academy of Management under the auspices of the President of the Republic of Belarus in 2006. She holds an Honours Degree in Law from Belarusian State University (1999) and an Honours Degree from Minsk State Linguistic University (1995).
Rankings and Awards
IFLR1000 Women Leaders-2021 Listed Anna Rusetskaya Among the World’s Elite Group of Lawyers