21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Yana Bagrova represents clients in international arbitration and litigation. She specializes in sanctions regulation and compliance, as well as complex cross-border disputes.
Recently, she has acted in the following disputes:
- Comprehensive advice to Russian companies on their activities in the context of the imposition of US and EU sanctions.
- Preparing recommendations for Russian companies operating abroad on issues of sanctions compliance.
- Preparing a dispute resolution strategy on issues related to US sanctions.
- Representing a client in arbitration proceedings in New Delhi and several Indian state courts in a dispute with the Indian shareholders of a Russian-Indian joint venture.
- Challenging in the state courts of Cyprus a court decision rendered in the absence of one of the parties to the process.
- Representing a client in German state courts in a dispute related to the protection of securities held in trust management.
- Preparing a dispute resolution strategy in the judicial and administrative bodies of Montenegro, as well as in international courts in order to protect multimillion investments.
- Advising a large enterprise on the regulation of public procurement and exports in the automotive industry.
- Advising one of the largest plywood manufacturers on the payment and refund of anti-dumping duties.
- Preparing recommendations to the Skolkovo Foundation on amendments to legislation aimed at removing barriers, facilitating and accelerating the development and promotion of biomedical cell products.
Yana graduated with honors from the Faculty of Law of the Higher School of Economics in 2020.
Member of the RAA working group “The Impact of Sanctions on Commercial Arbitration”, member of the HSE Research Laboratory in the field of protection of state interests in the context of economic sanctions.
Yana is a qualified attorney and has been admitted to the Moscow Bar Association.
15 March 2023