21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Сontinues to win praise from clients for his work in competition
Evgeny Bolshakov represents clients’ interests in antimonopoly cases before the Federal Antimonopoly Service of Russia (FAS Russia) as well as contesting various FAS Russia decisions in court. He also has extensive experience in distribution business schemes, due diligence of antimonopoly law and trade law violations. His recent work highlights include:
- Advising and representing an international natural gas extracting consortium before the Federal Antimonopoly Service of Russia and in court in a case related to access to the consortium’s gas pipeline.
- Defending an international shipping company regarding the structure of a dawn raid carried out by the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service to check whether there was a cartel agreement between the container shipping service providers.
- Representing Russia’s largest producer of alumina regarding charges of concerted actions, involving RZD and Freight One. As a result, charges against the client in the antitrust case have been dropped.
- Representing a major overseas producer in the course of investigation by a territorial branch of FAS Russia into a case on concerted action, involving a body of executive power, which resulted in the restriction of competition.
- Representing a major producer in a case of prohibited concerted action by a company’s dealers and trade partners.
- Representing a commercial seaport in a case of setting a monopolistically high price for transhipment of grain.
- Representing SOCIETE GENERALE Life Insurance in the course of proceedings originated by the FAS Directorate for the Samara Region. The case was initiated through a complaint filed by an individual borrower who claimed that the company has entered into a prohibited agreement with a bank which had an adverse effect on competition in the credit service market. Later a similar case was considered by the FAS Directorate for the Perm Territory. Both cases were closed due to the absence of an apparent violation.
His experience in distribution agreements and market behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Advising a Russian subsidiary of a famous German car-maker on its dealer agreement including its analysis and improvement.
- Advising an international soft drinks bottler on the assessment of compliance of its distribution business scheme, including the distribution agreement, to antimonopoly regulations.
- Advising a French manufacturer of cognac products on the analysis of competition law compliance of its distribution agreement with a Russian company.
Evgeny joined Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners in 2007. Recently, he has been involved in multiple competition law cases such as defending an industrial manufacturer in antimonopoly proceedings, designing a business structure in line with antimonopoly requirements, and contesting various FAS Russia decisions in court.
He is a member of the Сompetition Experts Association. He participated in drafting the Second, the Third, and the Fourth packages of amendments to Russian antimonopoly laws as well as the Decree on Approval of the General Exclusion with Respect to ‘Vertical Agreements’. As a member of the FAS’ Advisory Board for the Promotion of Competition in Car Sales and Servicing, he takes part in the analysis of international practices in regard to car market regulations and the subsequent improvement of regulations of relations between car dealers and distributors in Russia.
Evgeny holds a degree cum laude from Moscow State Law Academy and has also completed a training course at the International Law Institute, Washington D.C., USA.