21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Alexey Artemenko advises and represents clients in cases before Russian courts of all instances, including the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation.
He has extensive experience in providing legal assistance in corporate disputes, disputes arising from contractual relationships, including loan agreements and insurance contracts.
Alexey has worked on significant and precedent-setting projects for the market, handling complex disputes, including multi-jurisdictional.
His recent highlights include:
- Defending the interests of AB InBev Efes Brewery in a significant FMCG market-wide dispute worth over RUB 730m. The dispute arose in connection with an attempt to unreasonably recover from the client "under-received discounts" and "incentive payments" provided by the distributor to retail outlets and could have affected the entire distribution market. ("Dispute of the Year" according to Kommersant (2022)
- Defending Novartis in court in an attempt by Mamont Pharm, distributor of a generic drug produced in violation of a patent, to overturn a decision and order of the Russian FAS in a high-profile unfair competition case. ("Dispute of the Year" according to Kommersant (2022)
- Defending the interest of JCS Labquesttechnology (LabQuest), a major player in the medical laboratory market in a corporate conflict with a large investment company on the implementation of a joint project to develop a network of medical offices. As a result, a settlement was reached ending over 20 lawsuits for a total amount of more than RUB 2bn and an agreement concluded on the division of the joint business on favourable terms for the company.
- Defending the interests of an international retailer in a dispute with a construction company for the recovery of more than RUB 2bn in damages and the termination of the contract for the sale of retail space.
- Defending the interests of a foreign investor in a multi-jurisdictional corporate dispute with the former owner of a mining company. The total amount of the opponents' claims exceeded USD 40m. Given the nature and substance of the opponents' claims, this corporate conflict holds significant importance for the protection of foreign investors and Russia's investment attractiveness as a whole.
- Representing a major insurance company in a corporate conflict with a former company owner.
- Representing an international investment fund in a prominent multi-jurisdictional corporate dispute over a major regional bank. Given the nature and substance of the opponents' claims, this corporate conflict is of significant importance for the protection of foreign investors and Russia's investment attractiveness as a whole.
- Representing a major Russian insurance company in a claim seeking to recover RUB 26.1bn in insurance indemnity arising from a fire at a power station.
- Representing a major Russian insurance company in a claim seeking to recover RUB 605m based on a principle of settlement between insurance companies under OSAGO insurance.
- Advising and representing a minority shareholder in a claim seeking to recover USD 115m in losses from former BoD members of a major Russian energy company.
- Representing a group of lenders in a bankruptcy case of a major Russian bank in a claim seeking to recover RUB 1.1bn in losses from the Deposit Insurance Agency as related to illegal actions in bankruptcy.
Alexey graduated from the Law School of Lomonosov Moscow State University.
He is admitted to the Moscow Bar Association.