21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Alexandra specialises in handling complex litigation, including bankruptcy cases, representating creditors, debtors and interested parties in insolvency cases. She provides support to bankruptcy proceedings, including organisation and participation in meetings of creditors and creditors' committees, interaction with arbitration administrators, as well as expertise in liability issues of debtor controlling persons. Alexandra has extensive experience of representing clients in courts of all instances, including the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation.
Alexandra’s highlights are:
- Defending the interests of AB InBev Efes Brewery in a significant FMCG market-wide dispute worth over RUB 730m. The dispute arose in connection with an attempt to unreasonably recover from the client "under-received discounts" and "incentive payments" provided by the distributor to retail outlets and could have affected the entire distribution market. ("Dispute of the Year" according to Kommersant (2022)
- Representing a syndicate of banks in a refinery bankruptcy, including prevention of bankruptcy controlled by the debtor, challenging of the claims brought by the debtor affiliates, challenging of the official receiver’s actions etc.
- Representing a petrochemical plant in a series of related legal cases (of which under several sets of bankruptcy proceedings) against two general contractors engaged by the client for construction of a plant. The point of the dispute was that the contractors having had large down payments from the client failed to perform the plant construction works and tied to recover significant amounts from the client, when in bankruptcy. All mala fide actions of the contractors, including bankruptcy controlled by them and recovery of over 150 million rubles from the client, were prevented. For a number of standalone disputes in the general contractor bankruptcy, the Chamber for Commercial Disputes of the Supreme Court of Russian Federation upheld the positions developed for challenging of the unlawful decisions taken by the creditors meeting and formulated approaches to further resolution of such disputes.
- Successfully protecting a crisis management advisor in a dispute seeking to invalidate the service agreement entered into with a major player on the construction and engineering market of Russia, which was in bankruptcy, and enforcement of invalidity implications in form of recovery of 90 million rubles from the client.
- Protecting a major agricultural group in proceeding seeking to challenge the sales of shares and the restructuring of subsidiaries undertaken under the company bankruptcy. The deals were held valid.
- Counselling on the settlement of a corporate conflict among the beneficiaries of a major group.
- Defending the interest of JCS Labquesttechnology (LabQuest), a major player in the medical laboratory market in corporate conflict with a large investment company on the implementation of a joint project to develop a network of medical offices. As a result, a settlement was reached ending over 20 lawsuits for a total amount of more than RUB 2 billion and an agreement concluded on the division of the joint business on favourable terms for the company.
- Defending a client in a case on imposing subsidiary liability totaling more than RUB 5 billion. As a result of the trial, the claims against the client were not satisfied.
- Defending the interests of an international retailer in a dispute with a construction company for the recovery of more than RUB 2 billion in damages and the termination of the contract for the sale of retail space.
Alexandra graduated from the National Research University – Higher School of Economics (with honors) and had her Master’s degree from the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (with honors). She also had her LL.M. from the Moscow Higher School of Social and Economic Sciences (with honors).
Alexandra has written a number of articles and practical courses for students at leading universities (Moscow State University, Moscow State Law Academy, National Research University Higher School of Economics).
She has been admitted to the Moscow Bar.