Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners in association with Thomson Reuters invites you to join the online discussion “Liability of Governance Bodies”: Who Shall Be Liable for the Company? Guidelines on Doing Business”, which is to be held on September 17, 2020 (Thursday) from 11:00 to 13:00.
Company CEOs and corporate body members have been facing new challenges on a daily basis: structuring of relations with counterparties, audits by regulatory authorities, financial crises and emergencies. Just keeping one’s eye on the ball at all times is not enough, one also needs to promptly optimize business processes, adapt to the rapidly evolving laws, and make the most efficient decision with no margin for error. The COVID-19 pandemic has reaffirmed this and demonstrated the need for urgent action.
Managers are facing a difficult task: dealing with the crisis and proving the efficiency of decisions taken while mitigating the risks of being held liable for such decisions.
At the online seminar we are to discuss the following topics*:
- Types of liability corporate body members and other persons controlling companies may be brought to;
- Typical errors in corporate governance that might give rise to liability;
- Indemnity against liability of governance bodies: is it a lifeline for managers?
- What criminal risks may businessmen face and how can these risks be avoided?
- International experience and English companies’ practice of mitigating risks for corporate bodies: a case study.
- Valery EREMENKO, Partner heading the Litigation Practice at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners.
- Vera RIKHTERMAN, Litigation Partner at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners;
- Victoria BURKOVSKAYA, Partner heading the White Collar Crime Practice at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners;
- Ilona GOLOVKINA, Thomson Reuters, Territory Sales Manager, Strategic Accounts, Legal Professional Solutions.
In order to make our discussion more relevant, we invite you to send your questions in advance but no later than September 16, 2020.
Attendance** is free of charge but requires pre-registration.
Contacts: Natalia Nikulina, Elmira Smirnova, +7 (495) 935 80 10, email@example.com.
* The program and the panel are subject to amendments.
** The event is off-limits for law and consulting firms, private lawyers and attorneys.