Construction Contract Disputes: What One Needs to Know for a Successful Defense
Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners and media holding RBC invite you to join the discussion “Construction Contract Disputes: What One Needs to Know for a Successful Defense”, which will be held both in person and virtually on May 26, 2021, from 10:00 to 12:00.
Delays, excessive work volumes, price changes, cost overruns, poor quality of the resulting work and, consequently voidance or termination of contracts, bankruptcies, recovery of fines and default charges constitute just a small fraction of what players in the construction market have to face. Construction disputes are among the most lengthy, costly and complex of disputes; nevertheless, there are effective tools that can facilitate dealing with most issues out of court or effectively advocating one’s interests in legal proceedings.
At the virtual discussion attorneys of Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners will highlight certain cases to demonstrate what preventive steps may be taken to help settle conflicts, what needs to be taken into account when a governmental customer contract is being entered into and executed, what new enforcement mechanics should be considered when mounting an effective legal defense, and finally sharing successful strategies for protecting the interests of the parties.
The event is open for legal directors, heads of directorates and departments of large federal and regional businesses.
Main topics for discussion*:
- Case law trends in construction disputes
- Litigation provocateurs: timelines, quality and payments. How to resist those?
- Contactor protections and evidence collection issues: successful strategies and tactics
- Customer or contractor bankruptcy: guidelines for protecting one’s interests
Welcoming address - Ilya NIKIFOROV, Managing Partner at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
- Ivan SMIRNOV, Managing Partner at the St. Petersburg Office of Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
- Elena KROM, Chief Editor at RBC in Saint-Petersburg
- Evgeny GURCHENKO, Counsel and head of the Litigation Practice at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners in St. Petersburg
- Andrey TUZOV, Senior Associate and head of the White Collar Crime at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners in St. Petersburg
- Alexander SVASHENKO, Associate at Litigation Practice at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
- Elena LASHKOVA, General Director at GEOIZOL Group of Companies
PROCEDURE FOR ATTENDANCE AND REGISTRATION**:
Attendance is free of charge.
Advance registration is required:
Please register specifying your business email address, position and contact details.
We will send the connection details to each confirmed attendee shortly before the event.
Contacts: Alina Zoreva, Yulia Kozlova, +7 (812) 322 96 81, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The program is subject to amendments.
** The event is off limits to law and consulting firms, private lawyers and attorneys. The organizers reserve the right to deny attendance.