Business Discussion "Fate of Foreign Businesses in Russia: The New Reality"
Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners invites you to join its business discussion 'Fate of Foreign Businesses in Russia: Acting in the New Reality’, which will be held on April 27, 2022 (Wednesday) from 11:00 to 14:30 both online and live.
The venue for the offline attendees is 22-24, Nevsky Avenue, Floor 4, St. Petersburg (map); a welcome coffee is to be served from 10:30 to 11:00.
The current geopolitical processes and economic changes have marked the beginning of a new order that has been dramatically changing the usual conditions for the development of businesses. The cessation of a number of western companies’ operations in Russia, the sale of assets and production rights, the risks of ‘nationalization’ and other forms of loss of property for the departing firms, as well as criminal prosecution of the executives of foreign-owned companies for the compliance with sanctions, are just a few changes that have shaken the foundations of foreign business activity in Russia.
How can businesses adapt to the new regulations on the Russian market? What risks might foreign companies encounter when they decide to hand over their businesses to new owners? How can managers protect themselves from criminal and administrative liability for ‘compliance with sanctions’, cooperation with undesirable entities and violation of the obligations to employees and other contractors? These and other issues will be addressed at the business discussion with EPAM speakers.
TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION*:
Part I. If you are leaving, don’t leave. Avoiding Problems when Selling a Business in Russia
- Sale or transfer of businesses: minimizing the risks
- What would happen to the real properties of western companies?
- Performing obligations to the employees?
- What should companies staying in Russia prepare for?
Part II. Key Trends in Case Law and Criminal Risks
- Working under sanctions: adapting the business
- How shall a foreign company defend itself in court?
- Key risks for the companies leaving the market
- Ivan SMIRNOV, Managing Partner at the St. Petersburg Office of Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
- Elena AGAEVA, Counsel, Head of M&A and Corporate Law at the St. Petersburg Office of Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
- Olga MISCHENKO, Counsel, Head of Real Estate, Construction and PPP Practice at the St. Petersburg Office of Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
- Evgeny GURCHENKO, Counsel, Head of Litigation Practice at the St. Petersburg Office of Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
- Andrey TUZOV, Counsel, Head of White Collar Crime Practice at the St. Petersburg Office of Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
- Svetlana ZHELUDKOVA, White Collar Crime Associate at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
- Vladimir STEPANOV, Senior Employment and Migration Law Associate at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
ATTENDANCE AND REGISTRATION**:
Attendance is free of charge.
Advance registration is required:
Please register, specify your business email address, position and contacts, as well as preferred mode of attendance.
The organizer reserves the right to offer virtual attendance is the number of offline attendees has been exceeded.
We will send the connection details to each confirmed attendee shortly before the event.
Contacts: Stanislav Russkov, Nikita Kuznetsov, +7 (812) 322 96 81, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The program is subject to amendments.
** The event is off limits to law and consulting firms, private lawyers and attorneys. The organizers reserve the right to deny attendance.