21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Vyacheslav Yugai has considerable experience in handling M&A transactions, joint ventures, investment and technology transactions, both in Russia and abroad.
He specialises in complex cross-border transactions and multi-jurisdictional restructurings. He also provides strategic advice to Russian and international companies, offers assistance in special situations and provides comprehensive legal support to businesses.
During his years with the Firm, Vyacheslav has been involved in a number of projects, including:
- Advising a UAE-based state-owned investment and construction company on a joint venture with a Russian state-owned investment fund to carry out a major energy infrastructure project in Russia.
- Advising a consortium of investors on the acquisition of a stake in Tele2 Russia.
- Advising METRO GROUP on Russian legal aspects of the sale of Real's Eastern European business to Auchan Group for EUR 1.1bn.
- Advising the Russian Federal Property Management Agency on the sale of a 10% stake in VTB Bank through private placement of shares and global depositary receipts to investors for more than USD 3bn.
- Advising a Russian metals company, a borrower, on refinancing of USD 4.5bn debt.
- Advising a company operating in the mineral resources and energy sectors on the acquisition of several regional geological companies.
- Advising a major manufacturing company on refinancing its USD 500m debt.
- Advising an automobile holding on refinancing of a syndicated loan of over USD 1.5bn.
- Advising a group of investors on the acquisition of a regional food manufacturer.
- Assisting in the sale of one of Russia's largest transportation companies.
- Supporting the acquisition of Russian assets of a major Eastern European real estate investor by a major international retail real estate player.
- Advising a Turkish construction contractor on entering a major infrastructure project in the Moscow Region on a public-private partnership basis, including negotiations with the existing pool of investors on the terms for the client's entry into the project, and preparation of framework documents for the transaction.
- Supporting the loan issuance by the Japanese state-owned bank to one of the largest Russian banks.
Before returning to the Firm in 2023, Vyacheslav worked at a Russian law firm and was a partner and co-head of the corporate and M&A practice with a major European law firm. Vyacheslav was a visiting attorney at a prominent Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz law firm in New York.
Vyacheslav graduated from the Far Eastern State University in 2007 and received his LL.M. degree from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law in 2009.
He is admitted to the Moscow Bar Association, is a qualified solicitor in England and Wales, and is a US licensed attorney in New York.
He is fluent in English.