21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Pavel Sukholinsky focuses on corporate law and legal advice for industrial projects, including day-to-day business support, corporate governance, and corporate reorganisation and restructuring. He has extensive experience of advising companies on civil, corporate, employment, and administrative law, as well as on subsoil use.
Pavel advises clients on the legislative process and administrative law. His has vast experience in managing the legal departments of major Russian industrial corporations, including state-owned corporations. Pavel acts on behalf of companies during field audits, liaises with law enforcement and federal executive bodies, and works with clients under state procurement contracts. Pavel also has extensive experience of negotiating with foreign counterparties and providing legal counsel on reorganisations and corporate structure optimisation (including international).
Prior to joining the Firm, Pavel was the Head of Legal Department. The scope of his work included providing legal support for the company’s activities, covering aspects of civil, employment, commercial, administrative, and corporate law; claim-related work; licensing and protection of IP rights; legal support for real estate transactions; and so on. Pavel also spent more than five years with a magic circle law firm.
His projects include:
- Representing Danone Russia in a joint project to produce a series of sequels to the popular animated short film “Three from Prostokvashino” with Soyuzmultfilm. The work included drafting the relevant agreements and representing the client in negotiations with Soyuzmultfilm and in discussions related to the project concept, the legal structure of the relationship between the parties, and the specific terms of cooperation.
- Advising on the legal aspects of Rostelecom’s acquisition of Moscow National and International Telephone.
- Advising on the launch of Polyus Gold, including the development of a corporate structure; advising on the purchase of gold-mining assets and the subsequent launch of a stand-alone public company.
- Advising on the final stages of the contract for the manufacture and supply of the Beringov Proliv and Murman ice-breaking multi-purpose emergency salvage vessels for the Russian Ministry of Transport by Nordic Yards (Germany).
- Advising on the sale of the shipbuilding assets of Nordic Yards (Germany) to Genting Group (Malaysia).
Pavel graduated with honours from the Lomonosov Moscow State University Faculty of Law (1999). He received his PhD from the Institute of State and Law of the Russian Academy of Sciences (2013). For several years, Pavel was a member of the Committee for the Improvement of Legislation in the Field of the Military-Industrial Complex and High-Tech Industry of the Association "League of Assistance to Defense Enterprises“.
Pavel is the author of On the Way to Law and State (Moscow: MAKS Press, 2010) and a number of articles on legal theory and political science.
He is fluent in English.