21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Oleg Kurin specialises in dispute resolution, advising and representing Russian and foreign companies in disputes before Russian courts.
His experience includes:
- Representing the interests of major pharmaceutical companies, including Novartis and Bayer Healthcare, in litigation with a Russian company that registered generic drugs and tried to bring them to the Russian market before the expiration of our clients’ patents, as well as in disputes over compulsory license issuance for original drugs.
- Defending the interest of JCS Labquesttechnology (LabQuest), a major player in the medical laboratory market in corporate conflict with a large investment company on the implementation of a joint project to develop a network of medical offices. As a result, a settlement was reached ending over 20 lawsuits for a total amount of more than RUB 2 billion and an agreement concluded on the division of the joint business on favourable terms for the company.
- Representing a major Russian developer in the courts of general jurisdiction in a dispute over a construction permit for an apartment building initiated by residents of nearby buildings.
- Representing a major insurance company in a corporate conflict with a former owner of the company.
- Representing an international investment fund in a corporate conflict over a major regional bank.
- Defending the interests of real estate developer GC “Samolet” in litigation proceedings on the application of the Domodedovo International Airport during an attempt to invalidate the permission of the Federal Air Transport Agency to use 50 land plots with a total area of 372 hectares located in the vicinity of the airfield for the residential development of 144 houses (72,000 apartments).
- Representing one of the leading federal TV channels in a dispute over contesting a transaction involving the use of exclusive rights to a TV series initiated in the context of the counterparty's bankruptcy.
- Advising one of Russia's largest developers in the implementation of a residential renovation project across almost all Saint Petersburg.
Prior to joining the Firm in 2022, Oleg worked in the Clifford Chance Moscow office.
Oleg graduated with a bachelor's degree (2019) and a master's degree (2021) from Lomonosov Moscow State University and is currently continuing his PhD studies at the Faculty of Law.