21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Maxim Tabolo advises clients on various aspects of Russian Intellectual Property law, focusing on trademark protection and enforcement. Maxim represents clients before the Russian PTO and state courts, including the Court for Intellectual Property Rights, and handles negotiations.
Maxim’s selected career highlights include:
- Representing NTG Nordic Transport Group A/S in a landmark case concerning protection of a combination of letters as a part of the client’s trademark in Russia;
- Advising a leading tobacco manufacturer on potential risks connected with registration and use of new trademarks at the Russian market;
- Advising a large Russian retail bank on intellectual property issues in Russia, handling the client’s IP portfolio in Russia;
- Representing a famous foreign manufacturer of sports equipment in an invalidation action filed against Russian trademark registered by the client’s distributor;
- Representing a leading manufacturer of low-alcohol beverages in a complex trademark cancellation action;
- Advising a major retail network on enforcement of trademark rights and a right to a company name;
- Advising a leading foreign apparel manufacturer in a complex dispute concerning registration of trademarks in Russia;
- Representing a large local Internet service provider in negotiations with a world-famous manufacturer of high-tech equipment;
- Handling a large IP portfolio of a world-famous pharmaceutical company.
Maxim graduated from Lomonosov Moscow State University with honours and holds a Master’s degree in private law.