21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Maxim Baryshev advises clients on banking, currency, corporate and civil law, AML/CFT legislation, collective investments, foreign investment, payment systems, as well as on capital markets, information disclosure, project financing, licensing in the banking and financial sectors, creation of joint ventures, and M&A transaction support.
His recent experience includes the following:
- Representing the interests of a borrower in obtaining syndicated bank facility for the construction of a plant with a total worth of approx. RUB 90b using government-subsidised interest rate programmes.
- Advising a lending syndicate on providing a borrower with a syndicated bank facility for the construction of a plant under the state corporate competitiveness enhancement programme, including the development of project documentation and its coordination with interested parties.
- Advising an international financial organization on the issue of providing financing to a borrower, including preparing all transaction documentation and issuing a legal opinion on the legal status of the borrower and the persons who provided the security.
- Preparing a scheme for financing an investment project at the expense of the insurer's own funds, including the development of all documentation (credit / security / issuance) for the transaction.
- Representing the interests of a subordinated lender in support of the debt restructuring of a group of companies operating in the field of mining.
- Drafting of financial and security documentation for a a lending syndicate in order to secure financing for the implementation of a large-scale infrastructure project in Russia.
- Advising the shareholders of one of the largest Russian banks on the consequences of the bank's failure to comply with instructions from the Bank of Russia on the additional accrual of reserves for losses arising from loans and the consequences of the introduction of a temporary administration by the regulator.
- Representing the interests of a borrower on the issue of attracting financing, including drafting of all necessary project documentation and its coordination with all parties involved.
- Advising one of the largest Russian fuel companies on its debt restructuring to a group of creditors, including the drafting of all necessary project documentation.
- Developing a strategy to bring the temporary administration of a credit institution to civil liability for actions committed in the process of the financial recovery of the bank.
- Advising one of the leading Russian banks in the development and implementation of measures for the restructuring of non-core assets.
- Advising a holding company regarding a challenge made against it by it of barrier-priced deliverable currency option transactions entered into with a credit institution.
- Advising one of the largest mining and metallurgical holdings in Russia on reorganisation matters.
- Advising G UralSib JSC on the transfer of the insurance portfolio for motor types of insurance (CMTPLl, VTPL, CASCO) to IC Opora JSC.
- Advising one of the largest Russian airlines on the creation of an optimal legal structure for the implementation of a bonus programme aimed at encouraging active flying customers to use prepaid cards.
- Advising a foreign company on the legal regulation of electronic commerce in the Russian Federation.
- Advising a foreign investor on business organisation in the Russian Federation by creating an electronic platform for promoting foreign goods in the Russian Federation, and providing for mandatory settlements between sellers and buyers through electronic money.
- Advising a client on the issue of establishing a financial platform operator (marketplace) and increasing cross-sales of financial services offered by the companies of the financial group.
- Advising PJSC Aeroflot on increasing its authorised capital through an additional issue of shares (as part of a SPO (FPO)).
- Providing legal support of transactions for the securitisation of mortgage assets of Bank Saint Petersburg, Bank SOYUZ, Bank of Moscow, Sberbank and others.
- Providing legal support for the registration of the issue and placement of bonds, exchange-traded bonds, project bonds, structural bonds and subordinated bonds.
- Supporting the transaction on the corporatisation of one of the largest non-state pension funds in Russia.
- Advising a Russian footwear manufacturer on IPO issues at MOEX.
- Representing the interests of Lenta in the process of redomiciliation.
- Representing the interests of a large public vertically integrated company in the process of redomiciliation.
- Providing comprehensive legal support for the redomiciliation of UC RUSAL to the territory of Russia in the form of an international public company while maintaining its listing on foreign and Russian stock exchanges.
- Providing legal support to the client in the procedure of redomiciliation of five Cypriot companies including the amendment of proper law, as well as drafting all necessary documents under Russian law.
Maxim graduated with honours from the Saratov State Academy of Law; he obtaining a PhD in Law in 2010.
Attorney-at-law, member of the Moscow Bar Association.
Maxim was awarded the recommendation of the Plenipotentiary Representative of the President of the Russian Federation in the Volga Federal District.