21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Levan Dzhioev advises and represents clients at all stages of criminal proceedings.
Among Levan's projects:
- Representing an Austrian-Ukrainian company recognised as the victim in a criminal case for fraudulent theft of 24 apartments belonging to a company in Russia. All apartments were returned to the company's ownership.
- Representing Evgeny Dod, former CEO of RusHydro, in a criminal investigation in which he was accused of fraud in amount of RUB 73.2m (USD 2.2m). The criminal case was terminated.
- Representing Sochi International Airport in a criminal case initiated in connection with an airfield accident in September 2018 involving a UTair Boeing 737-800 aircraft, which was investigated by the Central Office of the Investigative Committee of Russia. The case was fully dismissed and it was proved that the services provided by the airport met safety requirements.
- Representing a company that was part of one of the largest agribusinesses in Southern Russia, which had been subject to a raider takeover. A guilty verdict was successfully secured, which allowed the court to review previous painful arbitral awards against the company.
- Defending the founder of an organisation, a contractor to the Russian Presidential Administration, in a case of criminal fraud. The criminal case was successfully dismissed.
- Representing on of Russian banks in a criminal case and investigation verifications conducted simultaneously by authorities. As a result, the Bank's management and employees were not held criminally liable.
- Representing a large diameter electric-welded pipes producer for the oil and gas industry in criminal proceedings during the preliminary investigation in connection with the client's receipt of a subsidy for the implementation of an investment project. The criminal case was dismissed.
- Defending the interests of the client and his employees in several criminal cases of corporate tax evasion.
Prior to joining the Firm's team in 2015, Levan worked as an assistant lawyer at Padva & Partners and as an assistant senior criminal investigator at the Military Investigation Department of the Investigative Committee of Russia for the Podolsk garrison.
Levan graduated with honours from the Kutafin Moscow State Law Academy in 2010.
He received a second degree from the Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation in Corporate Finance in Economics.
He is admitted to the Moscow Bar Association.