21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Elizaveta Kotova (Bulavchik) specialises in legislative drafting and the legislative process, interacting with public authorities, supporting measures for businesses, and climate, and sustainable development issues.
Elizaveta’s experience highlights include:
- Participating in the preparation of draft regulations amending:
— the Civil Code of the Russian Federation; the Russian Federation Administrative Offences Code; the Forestry Code of the Russian Federation;
— Federal Law “On the Specifics of Regulating Corporate Relations in Business Entities that are Economically Significant Organisations”;
— Federal Law “On Limiting Greenhouse Gas Emissions” and Federal Law “On an Experiment to Limit Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Certain Constituent Entities of the Russian Federation”;
— numerous by-laws.
- Conducting legal due diligence on the state regulation of business for various companies, including food corporations, airports, airfields and TV companies.
- Advising clients on the current and developing climate and “green” regulations, preparing proposals for legislative amendments on:
— the implementation of climate and sustainable development projects;
— the specifics of emission quotas within the framework of the Sakhalin experiment;
— the specifics of the implementation of climate projects in the field of forest relations;
— the purchase of carbon-intensive products;
— measures for cooperation between the member states of the Eurasian Economic Union within the framework of the climate agenda.
- Advising clients on federal and regional support measures for businesses in various economic spheres (power, metallurgic and coal-mining industries, transport infrastructure, educational activities, transport, sports, medical industry, urban development, etc.).
- Advising a client on the leasing of foreign aircraft and insuring.
Elizaveta also participates in projects involving real estate, corporate and banking law, and budget legislation.
Elizaveta is the author of a number of articles on climate regulation, environmental entrepreneurship, anti-corruption compliance, the interaction between business, including energy, and law.
In 2023, Elizaveta earned her Master of Laws degree (public law department) with honours from the National Research University Higher School of Economics (HSE).
Being a postgraduate student at the Higher School of Economics now, she actively participates in scientific activities in the HSE Laboratory for the Protection of State Interests and in the HSE Laboratory for the Economics of Climate Change.