21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Elena Trubetskaya specialises in banking, currency, corporate and commercial law, including lending, debt restructuring, bank regulation, corporate reorganisation and restructuring, and the establishment and management of joint ventures. She has extensive experience in advising on loan transactions, including syndicated loans.
Elena's experience includes:
- Supporting the client in obtaining a syndicated loan and preparing security agreements for the client's project to build a metallurgical plant in Siberia.
- Representing the client in refinancing and obtaining a unique syndicated loan against government guarantees (total funding of approximately USD 1.5bn).
- Advising a major developer in the North West region on obtaining financing.
- Advising on refinancing of a syndicated loan from two major Russian state-owned banks to a third-party bank for a Russian car manufacturer.
- Advising the client on issues related to restrictions on international payment systems on the Russian market, including development of recommendations on the client's market strategy.
- Supporting a bank loan for the purchase of a foreign IT company.
- Advising a borrower on restructuring a loan taken out for a major infrastructure project.
- Advising a leading Russian investment group on acquiring shares of a private Russian bank by a major Russian state-owned bank. The assignment included structuring the transaction, drafting the transaction documents and agreements and advising on various banking and finance legal matters.
- Providing legal assistance to an investor as part of an auction for shares in a large state-owned enterprise owning valuable assets.
- Setting up a joint venture in the wagon industry.
Elena graduated with honours from the Law Faculty of St. Petersburg State University in 2004.
She is admitted to the St Petersburg Bar Association.