21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Daria Ilyina specialises in corporate law and legal due diligence. She has also played an important role in drafting an alternative version of the Civil Code of Russia.
Ms Ilyina is experienced in providing legal advice in regards to corporate procedures of Russian public and private companies and advising on securities transactions.
Her recent experience in joint ventures includes:
- Advising on the corporate governance structure for a joint venture established to deliver a major infrastructure project and drafting relevant shareholder agreements.
- Advising a major asset management company on the establishment of a joint venture with a Chinese counterpart on the basis of a Russian limited liability company in the timber industry.
- Advising a leading Russian oil company on the establishment of a JV on the basis of a Russian joint stock company with a leading oil and gas company of Russia.
Her experience includes advising an operator of Russian regional Airports on setting up a joint venture in Russia with one of the leading travel retailers in the world to operate Duty Free and Duty Paid retail stores in the Russian regional Airports, including:
- Advising on the corporate and management structure of the joint venture, drafting and negotiating of charter documentation and shareholder’s agreement; assistance in registration of the joint venture.
- Drafting and negotiating Airport Lease Concession Agreements with regards to retail and warehousing spaces, design, construction, management and operation of airside and landside shops at the airports, which take into account PAX flow in an airport.
Advising on agency and distributor contracts for the supply of goods to the retail stores and other operating agreements.
Her other experience relevant to joint ventures includes advising the Italian company De Cecco on the acquisition of the 1st Pasta Company, one of the leading Russian pasta producing groups with three manufacturing plants and one distribution company. This assignment included drafting new corporate governance documents for the four Russian legal entities in compliance with the requirements of the Italian company using the instruments provided by the Russian law.
Daria has also worked on major infrastructure projects structured as joint ventures, where she drafted shareholder agreements and internal documents of SPV’s.
Prior to joining EPAM in 2009, Daria had been employed for four years at a Russian law firm where she specialised in litigation and arbitration cases.
Daria graduated from Lomonosov Moscow State University in 2006. In 2010, she obtained a Master’s degree in Private Law from Russian School of Private Law. She is a member of the Moscow Bar Association. She speaks English and German.