21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Anton Kleshchenko advises and represents clients in the electric power industry on the conclusion and performance of contracts by entities in the wholesale and retail electricity and capacity markets.
He provides expert assistance in the interaction of trustees with entities of the wholesale electricity and capacity market, as well as with commercial infrastructure organisations. He advises on technological connection and appeals against unlawful actions/inaction of grid organisations.
Anton is involved in preparing and supporting the review by the Federal Antimonopoly Service of Russia of claims of antitrust law violations in the electricity sector.
He also has experience in arbitration cases in disputes between commercial organisations in the energy industry.
Anton has recently been involved in projects such as:
- Defending the interests of a major food manufacturer, part of an international corporation, a leading global corn and wheat flour tortilla manufacturer headquartered in Mexico, in a dispute over recovery of the cost of non-contractual electricity consumption. As a result, the court reduced the amount of the plaintiff's satisfied claims almost a hundredfold, to RUB 1.3m instead of more than RUB 120m.
- Representing a Russian construction industry leader in a dispute with a major power grid company over the recovery of unjust enrichment for non-contractual electricity consumption amounting to over RUB 400m.
- Negotiating the terms of electricity purchase transactions between a large consumer and an electricity supplier on the wholesale market, including bank guarantee issues.
- Advising on the assessment of the legal basis for recognising a legal entity as a guaranteeing organisation within the framework of the approved water supply and wastewater disposal scheme of the city.
- Advising on issues related to setting electricity (capacity) tariffs in the Far East for a particular year, as part of the formation of a surcharge on the capacity price set to achieve the specified base level of tariffs.
- Advising a major electricity consumer on compliance with the deadlines and procedure for approval of investment programmes by grid organisations, the legal position to challenge refusals to approve them, and proposals to strengthen the legal position of the principal.
- Advising a major Russian electricity consumer, a chemical company, on a wide range of legal issues in the electricity sector.
- Representing a Russian electricity sector company in arbitrazh courts of the Russian Federation in a dispute over recovery of unjust enrichment.
- Representing one of Russia's largest power generation companies in a court dispute with the administrations of several constituent entities of the Russian Federation over the invalidation of an order of the Russian Ministry of Energy on the use of the physical method of fuel cost allocation at the principal's power plants.
- Representing a Russian grid company that transmits electricity via trunk grids in arbitrazh courts of the Russian Federation in a case for the recovery of unjust enrichment.
- Advising an electricity consumer on updating a group of supply points on the wholesale electricity and capacity market.
- Developing and implementing a contractual payment scheme for electricity transmission services for the benefit of a Russian car manufacturer due to changes in regulation.
Prior to joining the Firm's team in 2013, Anton was head of legal support at several major energy companies.
Anton graduated from Syktyvkar State University with a degree in law in 2001.
He is a member of the Moscow Bar Association.
- — Energy