Virtual Workshop “Effect of Cancel Culture for Russian Businesses: Performing Obligations in the New Reality”
Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners invites to attend its webinar “Effect of Cancel Culture for Russian Businesses: Performing Obligations in the New Reality”, which is to be held on April 5, 2022 (Tuesday) from 10:00 to 11:30 as a workshop.
The emerging geopolitical storm had a serious impact on global financial markets and affected all the economy sectors. Russia was the first country to get so many sanctions imposed against it. Such situation makes the Russian companies’ failure to perform their obligations a most urgent problem ever. Lack of imported components, as well as currency and transportation restrictions are only some of the difficulties that businesses have encountered. And while they had met more of a point restraint, now it has transformed into a massive refusal of cooperation from foreign counterparties and customers.
What should businesses pay attention to in their foreign trade after most logistics chains and foreign partners have completely changed? Is it possible to revise the contract terms without any consequences implied by breach of obligations? What criminal risks may be faced by the companies deciding to leave the Russian market? At the virtual workshop, EPAM lawyers are to answer those and other questions.
Topics for discussion*:
- VED 2.0: new reality of foreign trade operations
- Sanctions as a force majeure: may counterparties refer to restrictions as a force majeure event?
- Frustration and defending oneself in court?
- Criminal responsibility for deliberate bankruptcy: prospects of application in the new settings?
- Top 5 currency exchange developments that are critical for businesses
- Ivan SMIRNOV, Managing Partner of the St. Petersburg office of Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
- Alexey KARCHIOMOV, Counsel and Head of Maritime Shipping / Transport Law Practice at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
- Andrey TUZOV, Counsel and Head of White Collar Crime Practice at the St. Petersburg Office of Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
- Andrey ESMANSKIY, Litigation Associate at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
ATTENDANCE AND REGISTRATION**:
Attendance is free of charge.
Advance registration is required:
Please register, specify your business email address, position and contacts, as well as preferred mode of attendance.
We will send the connection details to each confirmed attendee shortly before the event.
Contacts: Stanislav Russkov, Nikita Kuznetsov, +7 (812) 322 96 81, email@example.com.
*The program and the panel are subject to amendments.
**Participation is restricted to in-house lawyers and businesses only.