Construction disputes are often complex affairs, and matters are further complicated when one is protecting their interests under the laws of another jurisdiction in international arbitration.
This gives rise to a whole host of pressing questions such as:
- Should one opt for international arbitration?
- How shall Russian businesses make their point and successfully resist mala fide counterparties in international arbitration?
- What terms should one insist on when entering into a contract?
- What is the right way to deal with experts and to collect evidence in support of one’s case?
Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners and the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce invite you to join a seminar aimed at highlighting the most complicated aspects of handling construction disputes in Russia and to discuss the advantages of international arbitration.
The event is to be held online on October 5, 2020 (Monday) from 11:00 to 12:30 (Moscow time).
During the online seminar the following topics will be addressed: *:
- The specifics of construction dispute resolution in Russia
- Practical aspects of construction dispute resolution in international arbitration: choice of arbitrators, collection of evidence, witness and expert relations
- Arbitration in the SCC Arbitration Institute. Specifics of procedural mechanisms in construction, contract-related arbitration (emergency arbitrator, multiple contracts in a single arbitration, consolidation and engagement of third parties).
- Natalia PETRIK, Legal Counsel at the SCC Arbitration Institute
- Tatyana NEVEEVA, Litigation Counsel at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
- Veronika BURACHEVSKAYA, Litigation Associate at Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners
In order to make our discussion more relevant, we would invite you to send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance and no later than on October 2, 2020.
The discussion shall be in Russian, translation is not provided.
Attendance** is free of charge but requires pre-registration.
Contacts: Natalia Nikulina, Elmira Smirnova, +7 (495) 935 80 10, email@example.com
* The agenda is subject to amendments.
** The event is off-limits to law and consulting firms, private lawyers, and attorneys. The organisers reserve the right to deny admission.