Business Discussion “Personal Data Protection in the Era of Legislative Changes. Practical Recommendations from Roskomnadzor Work Group Members”
EPAM invites you to join the business discussion “Personal Data Protection in the Era of Legislative Changes. Practical Recommendations from Roskomnadzor Work Group Members” to be held on September 29, 2022 (Thursday) from 11:00 to 12:30 a.m. both online and live.
The venue for the offline attendees is 22-24, Nevsky Avenue, Floor 4, St. Petersburg (view map), the welcome buffet is to be served from 10:30 to 11:00 a.m.
The large-scale digital transformation has turned cyber threats into one of the most pressing issues. As a result, the influence of data security on business process systems has grown dramatically. The fundamental changes in the Federal Law “On Personal Data,” more rigorous monitoring of compliance with the localisation requirement, strict controls imposed on cross-border data transfers, as well as the legislative initiatives introducing turnover-based fines and special criminal liability for corporate management allowing data leaks and hacking attacks to occur have compelled businesses to revise their personal data protection policies. Development of personal data processing and storage methods enables the enhancement of many business processes, on the one hand, but, on the other, creates numerous risks associated with security and use of personal data.
What are the key changes in the personal data legislation and how to streamline the work in the new reality? How to avoid criminal, administrative and other risks when dealing with personal data? How to protect personal data against theft and hacking? These and other issues will be addressed at the business discussion with EPAM speakers.
TOPICS FOR DISCUSSION*:
- New requirements of the law on personal data: what to expect and how businesses should get ready?
- Control and supervision: relevant methods of personal data protection
- Most recent trends in the personal data localisation practice of Roskomnadzor and the courts
- Personal data leaks as a new challenge for business operations
- Relevant administrative and criminal practices regarding data leak cases
- Dealing with Roskomnadzor: how to arrange the work and pass the inspection?
- Ilya NIKIFOROV, Managing Partner at EPAM
- Elena AGAEVA, Head of the Personal Data Protection Practice at EPAM, member of Roskomnadzor Center of Competence in the field of “Personal Data”
- Andrey TUZOV, Counsel, Head of White Collar Crime Practice at the St. Petersburg Office of EPAM
- Elena KVARTNIKOVA, Associate in the Personal Data Protection Practice at EPAM, member of the work group of Roskomnadzor Center of Competence in the field of “Personal Data”
- Andrey BYKOV, Manager of the BI.ZONE Compliance Platform