24 Nevsky Av.,
St. Petersburg, 191186, Russia
Tel.: +7 (812) 322 9681
Fax: +7 (812) 322 9682
Elena provides consulting services and represents the interests of clients in M&A transactions, including within the media and banking sectors, in legal proceedings, and to ensure the recognition and implementation of Russian court verdicts abroad. She has extensive experience in supporting M&A deals under English law.
Elena also advises the clients on different matters relating to the processing of personal data, in particular involving cross-border transfer of data and structuring personal data processing by international groups of companies.
Elena is a member of the working group of The Federal Service for Supervision in the Sphere of Telecom, Information Technologies and Mass Communications (Roskomnadzor) Center of Competence in the field of "Personal Data". She participated in developing for Roskomnadzor a roadmap including a program of prevention of personal data rights violation.
Among Elena’s projects:
- Providing the comprehensive legal audit of business processes related to the protection of personal data for a number of large international companies and holdings including the issues on cross-border data transfer.
- Advising on the purchase of shares in the leading Russian television channel (by audience volume) by the largest independent Russian media holding company. The project included preparing documentation in accordance with Russian law, assisting with the preparation of documents under English law, providing assistance in obtaining the authorization of the anti-monopoly agencies for the deal, and providing the client with consulting services on various issues related to the company’s activities.
- Legal support of Orolia Group (French association of high-tech enterprises) in the M&A deal in Russia. The work included the deal structuring, preparing of documents and consulting on regulatory, IP and labor issues.
- Legal support during the restructuring of Russian divisions Gruma International Foods - the world's largest producer of cornmeal and tortilla. The work on the project included obtaining the resident status of a special economic zone in connection with investing in the plant construction in the Moscow region as well as the approval of an agreement on conducting activities in (SEZ) with the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation and other relevant departments. The project was of great importance for the Gruma Group, as it allowed the company to expand its activities in Russia.
- Advising Clarios - a global technology company, one of the largest suppliers of auto parts, electronics and equipment operating in 150 countries – in the framework of the project on the production of automotive batteries between the client and a Russian company, founded in a special economic zone.
- Advising on the reorganization of two major (top 20) Russian lending institutions in the form of a takeover. The project included providing consulting services on all aspects of the operation, including obtaining the necessary authorization from regulatory organizations and consulting on issues related to anti-monopoly regulations.
Elena graduated from the St. Petersburg State University School of Law, receiving a Master’s degree in Jurisprudence.
She is recommended by authoritative rankings Best Lawyers and The Legal 500 in Corporate Law.
Elena is a member of the St. Petersburg Bar Association.
She speaks English and German.
Business Discussion “Personal Data Protection in the Era of Legislative Changes. Practical Recommendations from Roskomnadzor Work Group Members”