Alexey Karchiomov to Speak at Fifth ‘Arctic: Today and the Future’ International Forum
From 7 to 9 December 2015, St. Petersburg will host the fifth ‘Arctic: Today And The Future’ International Forum. Russian government officials and delegates from all key federal ministries and state-owned companies, representatives from major Russian and multinational corporations operating in the Arctic, and members of the scientific community will gather once again to discuss pressing issues, initiatives, and proposals related to developing Russia’s Arctic zone and shaping the public agenda for work in this region.
Alexey Karchiomov, expert in the Maritime Shipping/Transport Law Practice at the St. Petersburg Office of EPAM will moderate the roundtable ‘The Northern Sea Route: Today and Tomorrow’, which will cover the following issues, inter alia:
- Effects of the International Maritime Organization’s Polar Code on expanding navigation along the Northern Sea Route
- Measures designed to increase cargo shipments along the Northern Sea Route
- Advancements in port infrastructure servicing the Northern Sea Route
- Logistics tailored specifically to the Northern Sea Route
- State control of piloting and icebreaking tariffs
The Forum provides an effective platform for state representatives and the public to interact directly on practical matters concerning the comprehensive development of the Arctic, including environmentally responsible use of resources, transport and transit potential and the energy sector, education, science and technology, national security and international cooperation. The Forum will welcome approximately 1,000 Russian and foreign delegates.