24 Nevsky Av.,
St. Petersburg, 191186, Russia
Tel.: +7 (812) 322 9681
Fax: +7 (812) 322 9682
Yury Nefedov specializes in both land and civil law. He has experience of supporting large-scale construction projects, including those structured as public–private partnership. Yuriy has defended the interests of clients in judicial disputes concerning real estate and land law on numerous occasions.
Yury's experience includes the following projects:
- Representing the interests of an investment company in a transaction involving the disposal of the assets of a closed-end investment fund, land plots on Petrovsky Island in St. Petersburg with a total value 2.3 billion rubles. SetlGroup, a major player in the construction market, acted as the counterparty to the deal. Structuring the investment relations of the parties under the transaction required the development of a number of agreements, including agreements for equity participation in construction, a trust management agreement, a lease agreement, as well as a whole range of interim measures.
- Protecting the interests of a St. Petersburg shipbuilding plant in the course of recovering compensation for damage caused by the demolition of real estate objects owned by the plant during the construction of the embankment. EPAM lawyers represented the interests of the principal in court and in negotiations with state authorities and achieved a settlement of the conflict on favorable terms for the plant.
- Providing legal support for a construction project for a consular office in St. Petersburg, including a legal review of the title of the property acquired, developing the legal structure of the project, preparing a memorandum with the city, and drawing up the contracts neccessary for acquiring the rights to the property.
- Assisting with a construction project for a health care facility based on public–private partnership, including helping to prepare the concept for the project, bid documentation, and the public–private partnership agreement.
- Contesting the cadastral values of land plots and buildings belonging to a number of international developers, including carrying out a full legal examination of reports on the market values of the properties, and preparing all the neccessary documents to contest the cadastral values in front of the Committee and in court.
- Helping a major Russian production company to acquire a property portfolio, including conducting legal due diligence of the real estate, and structuring the sale and purchase agreements.
Prior joining EPAM he was a legal associate for a major mining company and for an international law firm.
Yury graduated with honours from St. Petersburg State University School of Law.
International ranking Best Lawyers 2022 recommends Yury for Construction and Real Estate Laws, as well as Land Use and Zoning Law.
He is fluent in English