24 Nevsky Av.,
St. Petersburg, 191186, Russia
Tel.: +7 (812) 322 9681
Fax: +7 (812) 322 9682
Sergey has been working in litigation for over 15 years. His expertise covers corporate disputes, bankruptcy proceedings, disputes over real property titles and related transactions, disputes over performance, variation or termination of obligations, recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments, disputes involving foreign law, as well as other civil disputes.
He has represented clients in over 1,000 hearings in first, appellate, cassation and supervisory instance courts, including the Russian Supreme Court and the Russian Higher Arbitrazh Court.
Sergey’s recent highlights include:
- Representing a major pharmaceutical company before the Russian Supreme Court in its distributor bankruptcy proceedings, which managed to cancel the judgments issued by the courts of three instances, which had invalidated the transaction and recovered money from the client.
- Representing a Russian construction company in disputes seeking to recover over RUB 300m in debts arising due to its engagement with an association to construct the Yakhtenny Bridge in St Petersburg for the World Cup; the opponent’s claims were dismissed.
- Representing one of the largest St. Petersburg banks in a dispute seeking to invalidate assignments of claims arising out of loans whose amount exceeded RUB 500m, and securing a decision in favour of the client.
- Representing the largest international metals, energy and hydrocarbons trader in a dispute with its bankrupt supplier for the recovery of USD 7m; the client’s claims were fully satisfied and the full amount recovered.
- Representing a construction company in a dispute arising from a contract for the construction of a nuclear power station where a settlement agreement was approved satisfying the client’s claims. The amount of the dispute exceeded RUB 500m.
- Representing one of the largest European banks in proceedings seeking to reclaim high-value metals worth over USD 10m from a bank; the opponents’ claims were fully dismissed.
- Representing a defense contractor in proceedings seeking compensation for losses caused by the seizure of land plots for the construction of an embankment in St. Petersburg for the World Cup. An unprecedented settlement agreement providing for compensation in the form of work to be performed by governmental authorities for the client’s benefit was reached.
- Representing a major European timber company in a dispute seeking to recover over RUB 100m in environmental fees from the client; the court fully dismissed the opponent’s claims.
- Representing an international construction materials manufacturer in a dispute with tax authorities seeking to charge an additional VAT exceeding RUB 50m. Sergey’s developed legal position secured the dismissal of all tax claims against the client.
- Representing a major international company producing and processing metals and minerals before the International Commercial Arbitration Court with the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry in a dispute with a smelter; the client’s claims were fully satisfied and the opponent’s counterclaim was dismissed.
- Representing a number of Russian and international companies in proceedings seeking to recognise and enforce the decisions of the ICC International Court of Arbitration and London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), as well as foreign public court decisions in the territory of the Russian Federation.
Sergey graduated with honours from the St. Petersburg State University Law School (2005). He also studied at the Academy of American and International Law in Dallas, USA (2008).
Best Lawyers 2022 named Sergey the Lawyer of the Year for Appellate Practice and has recommended him for litigation, bankruptcy and reorganisation.
Sergey has also been awarded and praised by the St. Petersburg Bar Association for his remarkable professional achievements, as well as for successful representation in civil (arbitrazh) cases.
He is fluent in English and Spanish.
- — Litigation
- — Bankruptcy
Rankings and Awards
Pravo.ru-300 Recommends More Than 50 EPAM Lawyers in 38 Areas of Law