21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Olga Morozova has extensive experience in tax planning and structuring as well as a strong academic background in this area.
Olga specialises in tax and currency matters for private clients, supports M&A transactions, has considerable experience in advising on the tax aspects of corporate restructurings and deals with the tax implications of real estate transactions.
Olga's experience includes projects such as:
- Advising on the application of CFC legislation, developing effective foreign asset ownership structures.
- Advising a number of large holdings on the tax aspects of redomiciliation to special administrative regions (SARs).
- Advising a number of international companies on tax and currency aspects of doing business in Russia in the context of external and internal restrictions.
- Advising an international company on tax aspects of the sale of Russian assets to its partner.
- Advising a major European dairy producer on the tax aspects of sale of Russian assets to its partner.
- Advising major IT companies on structuring their tax activities in Russia, including taxation of offshore and non-offshore electronic trading platforms in the B2B and B2C segments, cloud data processing and cross-border licence transactions.
- Providing comprehensive support for restructuring the business of the world's largest producer of corn flour chips and tortillas, including tax and regulatory aspects of obtaining special economic zone resident status in connection with an investment in a production facility in the Moscow region.
- Advising on structuring the acquisition and subsequent international leasing of aircraft registered in Russia, Ireland and Bermuda, including providing an analysis of the tax implications for lessees and lessors in terms of Russian CFC legislation.
- Advising major foreign investors on contracts for the construction of production facilities, organisation of production activities (including contract manufacturing and toll manufacturing), taking into account local tax incentives, including regional investment agreements, as well as advising on relevant taxation, customs optimisation and regulatory compliance issues.
- Advising several major offshore contractors in the oil and gas industry worldwide on various Russian tax and customs legal issues in connection with the design, transportation and installation of deepwater facilities on the Russian continental shelf.
- Advising on the restructuring of a holding company of more than 20 companies and 100 divisions in more than 20 regions of the Russian Federation and the practical implementation of such restructuring.
- Conducting tax due diligence of a major Russian drug manufacturer and its various subsidiaries.
- Supporting a tax audit of a major leasing company, which included challenging the results of subsequent administrative and judicial findings.
Prior to joining the firm, Olga advised clients on tax matters in a major international law firm and has worked for a leading Russian leasing company as a senior tax adviser.
Olga Morozova graduated from the Law Faculty of the Moscow State Institute of International Relations of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MGIMO).
Olga has a PhD in Law and has substantial experience in teaching at the Moscow State Institute of International Relations of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MGIMO). She is the author of more than 15 professional publications in the field of intergovernmental relations and fiscal federalism, taxation both in the Russian Federation and in foreign jurisdictions.
She is admitted to the Moscow Bar Association.
Olga is fluent in English.
- — Tax