21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Oleg Valkov advises and represents clients in cross-border litigation and commercial arbitration disputes. He also has experience in compliance projects.
Among Oleg's projects:
- Participating in meetings of the compliance committee of a large international pharmaceutical company to assess the legal aspects of the issues under consideration.
- Developing a standard anti-corruption clause for contracts.
- Participating in FCPA investigations and interacting with foreign consultants, including analysing documents and conducting a survey of company employees.
- Representing the interests of Russian and foreign clients in cross-border litigation and commercial arbitration disputes in various jurisdictions:
- defending the interests of a Russian state corporation in a dispute with a large Austrian bank before the High Court of London;
- defending the interests of a shareholder of a large Russian company in proceedings under the LCIA rules regarding a violation of a shareholder agreement for the management of a large development project in Moscow;
- participating in the preparation of written submissions, as well as the analysis of evidence in the framework of the dispute in the International Court of Justice on the claim of Georgia against Russia on racial discrimination;
- representing a client in federal court in New York against a major investment bank accused of insider trading and fraud.
- Preparing legal opinions on issues of Russian law for their usage in foreign judicial/commercial arbitration processes.
- Participating in the development of a strategy for protecting the interests of clients, including protection in multi-jurisdictional disputes.
From November 2013 to March 2016, Oleg was acting as a lawyer in the internal legal department of one of the world's largest generics manufacturers.
In 2008, Oleg graduated from the Moscow State Institute of International Relations (University) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation (MGIMO).