21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Maria Ledeneva specialises in resolving legal issues in the field of real estate and construction. She also conducts legal due diligence of Russian companies and prepares legal reports with recommendations on how to minimise the risks identified during the due diligence process.
Among Maria’s projects:
- Drafting an investment agreement for the construction of Olympic venues.
- Drafting a legal opinion on the reconstruction of cultural monuments.
- Advising De Cecco, an Italian company and world leader in pasta production, on its acquisition of GC 1st Pasta Company, including conducting real estate due diligence during the transaction.
- Conducting comprehensive legal due diligence on approximately 20 Russian companies and a foreign construction company.
- Representing a private individual in a court case regarding the recognition of an ownership title to a flat where the client resides, and contesting another court decision, which recognised a different individual as the owner of the flat.
- Advising on the extinguishment of the registration record of the principal’s non-residential mortgage.
- Conducting due diligence on over 70 properties, including land plots and premises throughout Russia on behalf of Lenta, a leading Russian retail chain, as part of its expansion in Russia.
- Structuring the acquisition of a real estate property in Moscow through the acquisition of the company which owned the asset.
- Participating in implementing major real estate construction projects, including complex hydraulic engineering structures and registration of rights to water bodies.
- Providing comprehensive legal assistance to a group of companies specialising in the refining and sale of oil products during the acquisition of a major coal-mining asset, the project included conducting due diligence of the assets (LDD) and transaction support.
- Drafting a legal opinion on possible ways for implementing forestland improvement projects in the Moscow Region.
- Conducting due diligence of real estate assets and preparation of a legal report in English on the risks identified in relation to the assets of a Russian paint and varnish production company for acquisition by a foreign investor.
- Drafting amendments to the current procurement legislation, and participating in drafting provisions for the development of legislation on tourist areas.
Maria graduated from Lomonosov Moscow State University in 2007.
Maria joined the firm in 2008 and previously worked for a diversified holding company.
She is admitted to the Moscow Bar Association.
She is fluent in English.