21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Lev Vasilievykh has over 10 years of experience in advising and representing clients in Russian arbitrazh courts and courts of general jurisdiction, as well as before supervisory authorities.
He specialises in complex commercial and corporate litigation.
Lev has advised and litigated on behalf of companies and high net worth individuals on a wide range of matters, including disputes related to real estate, coal, shares, financial instruments, including foreign derivatives, investment agreements, mergers and acquisitions, and public-private partnerships.
Lev is an expert in disputes resolution in the field of insurance law and transportation.
Among his recent projects:
- Representing an investor in a privatisation tender for the construction of an airport in numerous disputes over the invalidation of tender results and privatisation phases, as well as in contractual disputes.
- Defending the interests of clients in the courts in disputes arising from take-or-pay contracts.
- Defending the interests of an international flooring market leader before the FAS Russia by proving the anti-competitive nature of the franchising agreements and bonus programmes of its competitor the largest linoleum manufacturer in Russia.
- Representing a client in disputes arising out of management contracts of a group of companies.
- Representing a client in Russian courts regarding the conversion of foreign issued securities and the subsequent restoration of the rights to shares violated by foreign financial institutions.
- Representing several clients in Russian courts to restore the rights of Eurobond holders violated by foreign financial institutions and the subsequent issuance of replacement bonds.
- Representing one of Russia's largest engine-building plants in a dispute with a federal ministry over the repayment of a subsidy granted.
- Representing a pond owner in a dispute with the Federal Property Management Agency over the recognition of the land under the pond as state property.
- Defending an insurance company in a dispute over a competitor's claim for a RUB 12.3bn penalty for early termination of an agency agreement.
Lev graduated from School of law at Lomonosov Moscow State University and completed his Master’s degree at the Russian School of Private Law.
He is admitted to the Moscow Bar Association.