21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Ilya Novoselov specialises in litigation. Ilya advises and represents clients in cases before Russian arbitrazh courts and courts of general jurisdiction, as well as in administrative proceedings.
Ilya's experience includes:
- Defending SPB Renovation in a court of appeal and preventing multimillion losses and disruption of a large-scale construction project in St Petersburg.
- Defending the interests of Transammiak in a high-profile dispute over an ammonia leak at the Voronezh section of the world's largest ammonia pipeline between Togliatti and Odessa. The Firm's lawyers succeeded in reducing the total amount of financial claims against the company from RUB 869m to RUB 1.3m.
- Defending the interests of the BlaBlaCar service, which resulted in the court overturning a previous decision blocking the client's services and dismissing a claim to ban its activities in Russia.
- Representing Nordic Yards Wismar GmbH in a dispute with the client, Baltic Shipyard - Shipbuilding, over a contract for the construction of a superstructure for an icebreaker.
- Defending a depositary against the recovery of RUB 150m in a dispute over proper performance by the depositary of its duties to manage a securities account.
- Representing a financial organisation in a precedent-setting subsidiary liability action brought against a shadow beneficiary of a bank in a bankruptcy case involving over RUB 3bn.
- Representing a well-known Russian publishing house in a lease dispute with one of the largest landlords on Moscow's office real estate market.
- Representing a creditor in the restructuring of debt of a Moscow-based construction company, secured by a pledge of shares of the company managing a major development project in Moscow.
- Representing the client in arbitrazh courts in bankruptcy proceedings against a Russian bank, including in separate disputes over contested debtor transactions and application of the consequences of invalidity in the form of recovery of funds.
- Representing the client in arbitrazh courts in separate disputes over challenging the debtor's transactions in the context of the bankruptcy case of a major agricultural holding company.
- Defending the interests of a client owning a large shopping centre in an attempt to hold it liable for breach of fire regulations.
- Representing a Russian titanium plant in a dispute with a contracting company responsible for construction of the client's plant, seeking recovery of unused amounts in bankruptcy (the amount of the dispute exceeded RUB 800m).
- Representing a major international trading company in a dispute against an unscrupulous purchaser who refused to pay its debts for goods supplied.
- Representing a client in challenging a state expert opinion on design documentation for construction of a major transport infrastructure facility.
- Defending the client's interests in several cases of administrative offences under sanitation and environmental legislation.
- Representing a shipping company in arbitration over a dispute over ownership of a railway siding in a port.
- Analysing the prospects of exercising the right to extend the contract for the provision of transport services for the transport of goods, including by rail.
Prior to joining the Firm, Ilya worked at Russian and international law firms.
Ilya graduated from Lomonosov Moscow State University with a law degree in 2011.
He is admitted to the Moscow Bar Association.
He is fluent in English.
1 January 2023