21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Ilya Kuznetsov is a corporate and commercial lawyer with more than 18 years of professional experience in three jurisdictions (Russia, UK and Cyprus), both in-house and in private practice.
He is focused on corporate law advising private equity investors and multinational companies on M&A, joint ventures and investments. He also advises clients on complex, unusual and contentious corporate matters.
His recent representative experience includes advising:
- Bombardier on the €5.5 billion sale of its rail transportation business to Alstom together with Caisse de Dépôt et Placement du Québec;
- Barclays Bank Plc on the US$2.8bn sell-down of Barclays' 62 percent shareholding in JSE-listed Barclays Africa Group Limited, and on the related bank separation arrangements;
- development finance institutions and PE funds on their equity investments and creation of joint ventures in Africa and Middle East in the energy and telecom sector;
- major international banks and development finance institutions on their corporate venture capital investments in the UK, Europe and Israel;
- Russian private investors on corporate disputes in the UK and BVI arising out of their undocumented trust and shareholders’ arrangements;
- major Russian privately held bank on the acquisition of a regional bank, non-state pension fund and leasing company in Russia;
- major Russian and international corporations in the oil & gas sector on creation of oil producing joint ventures in Russia.
Ilya's clients are active in oil and gas, energy, mining, financial services, technology and innovation, media and telecommunications sectors.