21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Igor Gavrilov advises on antitrust matters, including abuse of dominance, agreements and concerted practices, unfair competition, advertising and trade law, and development of antitrust compliance systems.
He has been involved in a number of projects involving defending clients accused of antitrust violations before the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service and its territorial offices, challenging decisions of antitrust authorities in court and obtaining antitrust approvals for transactions.
Among Igor's projects:
- Defending the interests of a coalition of companies bringing together Avito, IVI, CIAN, Profi.ru, Tutu.ru, Drom.ru, 2GIS and Zoon in a case concerning the IT giant's use of special enriched search engine formats, the so-called " wizards", which were available exclusively on Yandex's own services for priority promotion in its search engine.
- Protecting the interests of an international flooring market leader before the FAS Russia by proving the anti-competitive nature of the franchising agreements and bonus programmes of its competitor Tarkett, the largest linoleum manufacturer in Russia.
- Defending the largest Russian IT company, Yandex, in an antitrust investigation into Google's abuse of the market through use of pre-installed app shops on Android devices.
- Representing a major oil trader in a precedent-setting case before the FAS of Russia regarding collusion in exchange trading of oil products on the SPIMEX.
- Defending the interests of a federal retail chain in an unscheduled inspection by the FAS of Russia for compliance with prohibitions on anti-competitive agreements, as well as in a number of cases involving violations of antitrust law in food product pricing.
- Preparing an antitrust compliance system for a Russian pipeline company, which received approval from the FAS of Russia.
- Conducting an antitrust audit of an insurance broker's business for antitrust risks, including training on antitrust restrictions for the broker's employees.
- Defending a company in a cartel case before the Russian FAS in a suspected collusion in public tenders for road repairs in the Moscow region.
- Drafting amendments to the Federal Law "On the Procurement of Certain Types of Legal Entities" with regard to ensuring electronic procurement from small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Defending a major steel company in a series of cases before the Russian FAS in connection with suspected monopolistically high prices for solid-rolled railway wheels and construction fittings.
- Defending the interests of a major Russian airport operator before the FAS of Russia in an antitrust investigation into anti-competitive collusion in the organisation and conduct of the investor selection process for the Perm International Airport (Bolshoye Savino) modernisation project.
- Defending the interests of one of the largest international maritime container carriers in an antitrust investigation in the international maritime container transport market.
- Representing the interests in an antitrust case before the FAS of Russia alleging collusion in auctions for the sale of aquatic bioresources production quotas.
- Supporting one of the largest international payment systems in the antitrust authority's review of a complaint, which resulted in a decision not to prosecute the case.
- Defending the interests of a pharmaceutical company in a case of unfair advertising of a medicine.
Igor graduated with honours from the Kutafin Moscow State Law University in 2014.
He has publications on antitrust regulation of business entities.
He is admitted to the Moscow Bar Association and to the Association of Antimonopoly Experts.