21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Elena Novikova specializes in criminal law, criminal proceedings and economic crimes. She advises management of companies that operate in various industries on criminal law issues and represents their interests during investigative activities, participates in internal investigations, inspect criminal risks in companies' activities and develops an action plan on eliminating them.
Elena also has extensive experience in representing clients in economic disputes before courts, advising on environmental law, technical regulation, and has repeatedly participated in initiatives to improve the regulatory and legislative framework.
Her experience includes:
- Protecting the interests of former shareholders and top managers of the National Bank "TRUST" in a criminal case related to embezzlement of the bank's funds in a amount of more than USD120 mln.
- Representing the interests of an employees of a Russian investment company during a pre-investigation check in connection with verification of the legality of the assets alienation.
- Protecting a former employee of a large chemical holding company in criminal proceedings initiated against the client under Article 201 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation.
- Representing the client's interests in connection with the investigation of a criminal case under Article 199 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation.
- Advising the company's employees (manufacturer of premium plumbing products) in a criminal case on illegal banking activities, legalization and withdrawal of funds to an offshore jurisdiction.
Prior to joining EPAM in 2008, she worked as Chief Legal Counsel at the St. Petersburg's branch of VTB bank. Elena graduated with honors from the Law School of St. Petersburg State University in 2005.
She has been a member of the St. Petersburg Bar Association since 2008.