21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Ekaterina Roletr specialises in advising on tax and commercial law matters.
She supports projects of foreign and Russian companies on a wide range of tax matters, including international tax law issues, supporting the business activities of major production companies, advising clients on tax risks and subsequently developing recommendations for mitigating those.
Ekaterina's experience includes representing clients in pre-trial and court tax dispute settlements, including comprehensive support of tax audits of clients, preparation of all necessary procedural documentation and participation in court proceedings in tax disputes.
Her litigation experience includes, inter alia, resolving tax disputes concerning VAT credit and refund, transfer pricing issues, expenses and VAT on marketing events, expenses under "cost sharing agreements", deduction of expenses and management services, accounting for royalties and interest.
Among Ekaterina’s projects:
- Tax advising in connection with the transfer by an outdoor advertising company of a 25% stake in Russia's largest outdoor advertising business to its current majority shareholder.
- Representing an advertising agency in contesting the results of an on-site tax audit with total additional charges exceeding RUB 150m, including penalties and fines. During the administrative challenge stage, the Firm was able to reclassify the offence from intentional to negligent, reduce the additional charges to RUB 11m and eliminate extra fine entirety.
- Appealing additional tax assessments up to the court of cassation in favour of the company, the market leader in the drilling tools market.
- Appealing the results of a tax audit concerning the denial of the RIP tax exemption to a major gold mining company.
- Advising on tax control measures as part of an on-site tax audit of a company specialising in the sale of a wide range of rolled metal products and successful reduction of additional tax charges by more than 6 times.
- Appealing the results of a tax audit concerning the denial of a tax exemption for an RIP (regional investment project) by a major gold mining company.
- Appealing the additional tax charges of over RUB 700m based on the results of an on-site tax audit of the largest insurer in the Russian market.
- Pre-trial settlement of disputes with the tax authorities over VAT reimbursement for capital construction against a major Russian developer.
- Appealing the results of an on-site tax audit of the beneficiary of a large agribusiness holding company.
- Pre-trial settlement of a major advertising agency's dispute with the tax authority over the reasonableness of expenses incurred for software development services.
Ekaterina was involved in the preparation of draft legislation to amend Russian tax legislation regarding the 2018 FIFA World Cup on behalf of the International Football Federation (FIFA) as part of the implementation of the Russian Government's guarantees to FIFA in relation to the championship.
Ekaterina graduated from the Law Institute of Tomsk State University in 2002.
She is admitted to the Moscow Region Bar Association.
- — Tax