21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Alexandra Sofronova specialises in corporate law, including M&A transactions and joint ventures. She also advises on compliance issues related to Russian counter-sanctions.
Alexandra’s recent highlights are:
- Advising on the merger of VTB Insurance and SOGAZ Group resulting in establishment of the largest insurance company on the market.
- Advising on the purchase of a minority share in a gold mining company.
- Conducting due diligence of a group owned by a distillery factory and supporting an M&A transaction on acquiring a stake in this group.
- Supporting a transaction of a minority shareholder withdrawal from a joint venture through partial “buy-out” of the existing oil production business and intra-group debt restructuring.
- Assisting in restructuring of a company owning an airport and acquiring a majority stake in it.
- Advising on establishing of a joint venture as part of an airport construction project.
- Advising on establishing of the joint venture by Russian companies aiming at merging video services under a single brand.
- Conducting due diligence of a large pharmaceutical group as part of a cross-border transaction to acquire various groups of assets.
- Prior to re-joining the Firm in 2023, she worked for a Russian law firm and in one of the largest investment companies in Russia.
- Alexandra graduated from Faculty of Law at Lomonosov Moscow State University in 2015.
Member of Vologda Region Bar Association.
She is fluent in English.