24 Nevsky Av.,
St. Petersburg, 191186, Russia
Tel.: +7 (812) 322 9681
Fax: +7 (812) 322 9682
Alexandra Stelmakh advises and represents clients as related to bankruptcy, contract law, real estate and construction, as well as in disputes over the invalidation of non-statutory instruments, corporate disputes, and disputes over the recognition and enforcement of international commercial arbitral awards. Moreover, Alexandra often represents clients in enforcement proceedings and related disputes.
Her professional highlights include:
- Representing the leading European ventilation equipment manufacturer in disputes over the bankruptcy of a Russian company in connection with an attempted unjustified challenging of transactions.
- Protecting a transnational company focusing on trade in metals and acting as a lender in the bankruptcy of Russian counterparties.
- Representing a major European manufacturing company in arbitration proceedings and before an arbitrazh court in relation to a claim for a writ of execution to enforce the arbitral award.
- Advising and counselling the largest tire manufacturer seeking to obtain injunction relief from a foreign court.
- Advising and representing a client in arbitration arising from the improper rendering of tourist services.
- Representing a large chemical company in a number of legal proceedings seeking to recover debts and challenge a note issued by the bailiff.
- Representing a client in arbitration seeking to invalidate an improvement notice issued by the Emergency Control Ministry of Russia. Thanks to Alexandra and her team’s efforts, the company’s operations continued seamlessly thus avoiding losses caused by a suspension of its operations.
- Representing a client in disputes over the invalidation of the actions taken by the registrar, who debited securities from the client’s account; the client’s losses were successfully recovered from the registrar.
Alexandra has authored numerous pieces in the leading research-to-practice journals.
She graduated from the St. Petersburg State University where she earned a Bachelor of Laws degree (2007) and Master of Laws degree (2009).
Alexandra has been admitted to the Bar since 2012. She is fluent in English.
- — Litigation
- — Bankruptcy