Online Discussion «Criminal Law Trends in 2020: What to Expect in the New Year and How to Protect Yourself?
The number of criminal cases against businesses continues to grow with contributing factors being the tense economic situation, the continuing problem of illegal and ill-motivated initiation of criminal cases and the transfer of an increasing number of civil disputes into the criminal sphere. At the same time, according to the report of the business ombudsman, the main corpus delicti on which entrepreneurs are prosecuted is fraud. The main reason behind this is that any unfulfilled contractual obligations can be classified as fraud by law enforcement. Other trends include the close attention paid by law enforcement officers to bidders, the involvement of operatives in tax audits, and the intensification of corporate conflicts breaking out during the criminal prosecution of former partners.
How should one deal with threats of criminal prosecution and new challenges? How to protect assets? What non-obvious risks do top managers face? Attorneys of EPAM are going to answer these and other topical questions during an online discussion on January 27, 2021, from 10:00 to 11:30.
Topics for discussion*:
- Criminal cases against business - 2020: What’s new?
- New facets of competitors' partnership: what kind of relationships with business partners are the subject of anti-competitive investigations?
- Eternal disputes from government contracts: How to fulfill a government contract to not become a fraud?
- Forced (non)tax audits: fresh approaches of tax officers work with taxpayers
- How to live and what to consider in work in 2021?
Moderator - Ivan SMIRNOV, Managing Partner
Expert - Andrey TUZOV, Senior Associate