We would like to invite you to join us for a business discussion entitled “Major transaction and related-party transaction reform: implications for business”, organised by Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners. The event will take place on 27 October (Thursday) from 10:00 till 13:00 at the St. Petersburg office of the Firm: 24, Nevsky Pr., 4th floor (metro station Nevsky Prospekt).
Minority shareholders often resort to disputing major transactions and related-party transactions as a tool to defend their interests. As of 1 January 2017, the procedure for closing or challenging deals in joint stock companies and LLCs will be significantly changed. What will be the consequences of this change for businesses and what measures can major companies take beforehand to prevent excessive use of this mechanism by minority shareholders?
During the discussion, the Firm’s corporate law and litigation experts will talk about the key changes introduced by the reform and about new strategies for challenging deals.*
Topics to be discussed:
- Key issues in major transaction and related-party transaction reform
- New developments regarding the definition of interest (the notion of a controlling party). Approval procedure for related-party transactions under the new rules
- Approval procedure for major transactions under the new rules
- New developments in regards to challenging major transactions and related-party transactions.
The speakers will be:
- Ivan SMIRNOV, Managing Partner, St. Petersburg Office
- Elena AGAEVA, Counsel, Head of M&A and Corporate
- Evgeny GURCHENKO, Senior Associate, Litigation
- Elena KVARTNIKOVA, Expert
- Evgenia EVDOKIMOVA, Expert
Participation in the seminar is free of charge. Attendance at this event is limited. Pre-registration is required.**
For more information, please contact Elena Uspenskaya or Alena Matveeva: +7 (812) 322 96 81
* The event programme and speakers may be subject to change.
** This event is not open to representatives of law firms and consulting companies or to attorneys and lawyers practicing privately.