Markiyan Kliuchkovskyi and Oleksandr Volkov to Speak Within the Round Table Discussion "Legal Aspects of the Protection of the Rights of Foreign Investors in Ukraine"
EPAM Ukraine is one of the organizers of the Round Table Discussion "Legal aspects of the protection of the rights of foreign investors in Ukraine" to be held on 22 September, 2015, in Kyiv. Markiyan Kliuchkovskyi, Partner of International Arbitration and Cross-Border Litigation Practice, Co-Head of Energy Practice, and Oleksandr Volkov, Associate of International Arbitration and Cross-Border Litigation Practice at EPAM Ukraine, will speak at the event.
Round Table Highlights:
- reform of the gas sector in Ukraine;
- practical aspects of the new legislation on "green" tariff;
- the distribution of risks in renewable energy projects;
- the mechanism of compensation for non-revision of "green" tariff in Ukraine;
- practical aspects of protecting the interests of investors in the framework of the European Energy Community;
- energy disputes in WTO practice;
- claims of "protected investor" against the foreign state;
- changes in "green" tariff;
- unilateral preferential tariff revision.
Markiyan Kliuchkovskyi will speak on “Legitimacy of claims of "protected investor" against the foreign state in terms of Energy Charter Treaty and Agreement on Promotion and Reciprocal Protection of Investments between Ukraine and the Netherlands.”
Oleksandr Volkov will deliver a report on “Changes in "green" tariff – either a regulatory policy of a sovereign state or a violation of investment protection and unacceptable expropriation.”
More detailed information can be found on the UBA official website.