EPAM to conduct business discussion on ‘Personal Bankruptcy: Risks and New Opportunities’
In December 2014 a new law was adopted, establishing a fundamentally new development in modern Russian legal practice – personal bankruptcy. According to the new law, from 1 July 2015 individuals will be able to declare themselves bankrupt. As part of the event, leading associates from EPAM will join attendees to discuss possible consequences of this new law coming into effect for players in the banking, finance, insurance and other sectors.
The business discussion will take place on 29 January 2015 (Thursday), from 10:00 to 12:30, at the Firm’s St. Petersburg office (24 Nevsky Prospekt, 4th floor).
- Principal changes and features of the new law
- Specific procedural aspects for considering cases of personal bankruptcy
- Details of the procedure for restructuring personal debt and for the acquisition of the individual’s property
- Disputing citizen-debtor transactions under the new rules
- Contentious elements of the regulations and questions regarding the implementation of the new law
- Ivan Smirnov, Managing Partner of the St. Petersburg office of EPAM
- Sergey Korolyov, Senior Associate in the Litigation Practice at the St. Petersburg Law Office of EPAM
- Evgeny Gurchenko, Senior Associate in the Litigation Practice at the St. Petersburg Law Office of EPAM
- Svetlana Popova, Associate in the Litigation Practice at the St. Petersburg Law Office of EPAM
Participation is free. Participants must register in advance.
The event is targeted at representatives of legal departments of large and medium-sized Russian companies, including representatives of banks and insurance companies.*
Contacts: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: +7 (812) 322 96 81 (Yulia Medvedeva; Alena Matveeva).
*The event is closed to representatives of law firms, lawyers in private practice and consulting companies.
**The event program and speakers are subject to change.