Valery Eremenko, PhD, has over 20 years’ experience in the area of dispute resolution, specialising in corporate and antitrust disputes, as well as real estate, securities and intellectual property litigation.
Valery has unique experience in litigation due to his involvement and oversight of over 1500 litigation proceedings. He has represented his clients before the Presidium of the Supreme Arbitration Court of the Russian Federation in a number of precedent-setting disputes and as well as before the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation.
Valery’s recent litigation experience include:
- Successfully defending the interests of Allianz, one of the leading international insurance companies, in a confrontation with bogus agricultural lawyers who had brought claims worth over RUB 1bn against the company.
- Representing VEB-Leasing, the Russian leasing market leader, in a RUB 31bn dispute initiated by Pervaya Transportnaya Kompaniya LLC, a leaseholder, aimed at invalidating certain provisions of a number of the finance lease agreements.
- Representing one of the largest Russian developers, Samolet Development Group, in litigation proceedings against Moscow Airport Domodedovo involving several state bodies. The opponent’s claim was seeking for invalidation the Permission issued by Federal Air Transport Agency which allowed the client to develop the land plot located in aerodrome environs.
- Representing Sakhalin Energy international consortium in the ground-breaking dispute against Rosneft in state courts (including the Supreme Court) and before the FAS Russia.
- Representing TogliattiAzot, a leading Russian chemical company, which has been Valery’s client for over 12 years, in a number of corporate disputes with minority shareholders and government agencies involved in obtaining control of the company shares, including proceedings before the Supreme Arbitrazh Court of the Russian Federation.
- Successful representation of Transammiak in courts of three instances in a dispute with Minudobreniya. We managed to win the case without revealing commercial secrets of the client. The opponent initiated the court proceedings in order to get these trade secrets revealed. At the market this situation is quite unique.
- Representing Nordic Yards Wismar GmbH in ICAC at the RF Chamber of Commerce and Industry vs a contractor for Icebreaker LK-25.
- Representing SITTEK, the Russian plant for production of titanium coagulant, in 2 bankruptcy proceedings against the contractors previously engaged in construction of the plant and other court proceedings vs contractors seeking for recovery of the unused sums.
- Representing a chemical plant in contesting in the Supreme Arbitrazh Court of Russia of the RUB 5bn plus claim of the Federal Supervisory Natural Resources Management Service (Rosprirodnadzor) over environmental pollution charges. Valery’s team managed to get the Supreme Arbitrazh Court’s decision to send the case back to the court of first instance, despite the client’s previous loss in courts of all three instances where we were not involved in hearings.
- Representing a publishing house, member of the Gazprom-Media Group, in a defamation lawsuit.
Valery has represented clients before the Federal Antimonopoly Service and its regional subdivisions in the course of administrative proceedings arising from violations of antitrust laws. He has also represented clients in the Federal Financial Markets Service of Russia in administrative cases related to the legislation on the securities market and protection of shareholders. He has acted as an arbitrator and is experienced in client representation in commercial arbitration cases in The International Commercial Arbitration Court (ICAC) at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation.
Prior to joining EPAM, Valery headed a Moscow-based Russian litigation boutique he co-founded in 2000.
He is a member of the Moscow lawyers club.
Valery graduated from the Law School of Lomonosov Moscow State University in 1997 and obtained his PhD in insurance and competition law in 2005. Valery has been a member of the Moscow Bar Association since 1998.