21, 1st Tverskaya-Yamskaya Str.,
Moscow, 125047, Russia
Tel.: +7 (495) 935 8010
Fax: +7 (495) 935 8011
Ildar Mustafin specializes in representing clients at pre-trial and trial stages of criminal proceedings, in the course of criminal intelligence operations and prosecutor’s investigations.
Ildar has expertise and experience in the following areas:
- protection of clients (potential suspects, accused, witnesses) in the course of pre-investigative checks;
- protection of clients in the course of publicly disclosed investigative operations, as well as advising on other matters of investigative operations;
- protection of clients (potential suspects, accused, witnesses) in the course of preliminary investigations of criminal cases over crimes (mainly) against properties; in economic activities; against the official interests in commercial and other entities; environmental ones; against the public order, the interests of public service and the service at local governments (Sections 21-26 and 30 of RCrC);
- protection of clients (criminal defendants, victims, witnesses) during trials in the first-, appellate-, cassation- and review-instance courts;
- representing clients during prosecutor’s investigations;
- drafting of legal opinions on clients’ criminal risks involved by transactions being entered into (prepared) or certain events;
- hosting of seminars for company employees on behavior in case of searches and publicly disclosed investigative operations at their offices;
- drafting of legal opinions on the matters of Russian criminal and criminal procedural laws for submittal in foreign courts.
Ildar’s selected highlights are:
- Protection during the pre-trial investigation and at the trial of a former CEO of the Russian largest defense company, who was accused of a grand fraud and legalization of criminally obtained moneys (Articles 159 and 174.1. of RCrC).
- Protection during the pre-trial investigation and at the trial of a design bureau employee, who was accused of illegal obtainment and use of information constituting a trade secret (Article 183 of RCrC).
- Protection of the owner and the employees of the largest Russian fishing group in the course of pre-investigative checks and criminal proceedings (both as defense and prosecution) related to unlawful claims for a share in the business raised by a former business partner of the client, as well as advising the client on the criminal aspects of the claim tried by the High Court of Justice.
- Protection of the employees of the largest Russian fishing group in the course of the pre-trial investigation of criminal cases opened over smuggling of important resources (Article 226.1. of RCrC).
- Protection of the employees of the largest Russian producer of chemicals in the course of the pre-trial investigation of a criminal case opened over fraud and abuse of powers (Articles 159 and 201 of RCrC).
- Protection of a former vice president of a Russian state company being a natural monopoly in the course of the pre-trial investigation of a criminal case over abuse of powers (Article 201 of RCrC).
- Protection of the founder of a Russian construction company subcontracted by the Department of Presidential Affairs of the Russian Federation in the course of the preliminary investigation of a criminal case over fraud in performance of governmental contracts (Article 159 of RCrC).
- Representing of a victim, a subsidiary of the largest Austrian banking group, in view of a fraudulent obtainment of the titles to real properties (Article 159 of RCrC).
- Representing of a victim, a shareholder in a commercial bank, in the course of a pre-investigative check and criminal cases initiated by them in view of an identified abuse by the corporate officials, which led to revocation of the bank’s license and to termination of its activities.
- Protection of the employees of a subsidiary of a Russian investment company in the course of the preliminary investigation of a criminal case over provision of unsafe services, which was initiated in view of grievous bodily harm occurring as a result of ice falls from the roof of an administrative building held by the subsidiary (Article 238 of RCrC).
- Representing a Russian provider of digital services and solutions in the course of a prosecutor’s investigation.
- Representing a subsidiary of a British retailer in the course of a prosecutor’s investigation.
Prior to joining the Firm in 2010, Ildar was employed (since 2006) as an investigator with divisions of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs and focused on investigations of official, tax and other economic crimes. Immediately prior to starting his employments with the Firm, Ildar was an investigator at the Department for Investigation of Organized Economic Crimes with the Main Investigative Directorate of the Ministry of Internal Affairs for the Republic of Bashkortostan.
Ildar graduated with gold medal from the Ufa Law Institute with the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs (2007), the economic crimes faculty, where he studied law along with forces, means, methods and tactics of criminal intelligence operations. During his studies, Ildar had internships with the special criminal intelligence operations departments of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs dealing with economic crimes and organized criminal activities. In 2002, Ildar graduated from the Kama Legal College specializing in Jurisprudence and majoring in business law.
He has been admitted to the Moscow Bar since 2011.