Andrey Porfiriev PhD, focuses on regulatory issues, legislative drafting, regulatory and supervisory efforts, administrative law and resolution of disputes involving related governmental authorities.
Andrey has an extensive experience of liaising with governmental authorities at all levels and with state corporations, and an experience of legislative drafting and counselling on litigations involving governmental authorities.
His practice spans execution of joint projects with the state and to protection of industrial, telecommunications, education, science, aviation and pharmaceutical companies.
Andrey’s highlights are
- Representing a client in the proceedings to get compensation from the Moscow Government to the benefit of the owner of a seized land plot.
- Representing a client under the settlement of a dispute between a federal executive authority and a large foreign investor as related to purchasing of a land plot.
- Representing a large industrial holding under the proceedings involving the Russian Defence Ministry’s claims against a client.
- Representing a large manufacturer of medical goods under raids by the Federal Supervisory Agency for Health Care and Social Development.
- Advising a client on launching of a state-controlled vertically integrated applied science management entity in aviation.
- Advising a client under the implementation of a joint project entered into with the Russian Federation to further use of cartoon film samples.
- Representing a large foreign investor in the timber industry as related to approval by governmental authorities of hi-tech equipment importation.
- Advising a top US medical device and pharmaceutical company on how Russia’s entry to the WTO affects registration of the intellectual rights to clinical trial results.
- Advising a pharmaceutical corporation on localization of tomographs manufacturing and supplies thereof for state needs.
- Representing a large Russian manufacturer as related to justifying of the tradability of manufactured products before the federal executive authorities.
In 2005-2008 he headed the litigation department at the Federal Industrial Agency, overseeing bankruptcy proceedings of strategic companies and organizations, advising on protection against corporate raiding of state-owned enterprises and legislative efforts affecting various economic sectors.
Andrey is heavily engaged in social activity and co-chairs the Business against Corruption Public Center (under the auspices of Delovaya Rossiya). He is also on the Inter-Agency Workgroup of the Governmental Commission for Prevention of Bankruptcy of Strategic and Defense Enterprises. He works closely with NGOs, foundations and self-regulatory organizations of insolvency officers. For several years, he has been on a number of task forces for the legislation development.
Andrey is a member of the RSPP Committee for Development of Pension Systems and Social Insurance. He has been certified by the Ministry of Justice of Russia as an independent expert for anti-corruption expert examination of legislative acts.
Andrey has acted as an expert for the Council of Europe on a project named “Protection of Entrepreneurs’ Rights from Corrupt Practices in the Russian Federation”. He has been commended for drafting of the Law on the Presidential Commissioner for Entrepreneurs' Rights from both Presidential Commissioner Boris Titov and Minister for Economic Development (Aide to the President since June 2013), Andrey Belousov.
In 2016, Russian Presidential Commissioner for Entrepreneurs’ Rights Boris Titov awarded a letter of commendation to the Firm for Andrey’s persistent pro bono efforts in protection of entrepreneurs’ rights at a session of the Business against Corruption Public Center. Andrey Porfiriev has been commended by Boris Titov for significant contribution in the development of a mid-term program for social and economic development of the Russian Federation till 2025.
Andrey graduated cum laude from the Law School of the Moscow city Teachers University (2003) and had his PhD (2006) at the same school.
Best Lawyers named Andrey the Lawyer of the Year in Aviation.
He is a member of the Moscow Bar Association.